juicy 3 puzzler

borderboy
borderboy Posts: 161
edited September 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
I have bled my sons juicy 3's and on the top of the master cylinder is a tiny hole that whilst in the bleeding process a small amount of fluid seeps out, then after riding for a while you can pull the lever back to the bar but the brake still works. Quite sure there is no air in system after they have been bled as I have bled them 3 times with the same result. Don't really want to take it to lbs as I have bought the bleed kit now, that stung enough thank you!
Its all up hill down here

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is the vent for the diaphragm to allow it to move. some times there is a little fluid still onto of it after assembly and it is just working its way out.

Or diaphragm is split.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    it is the vent for the diaphragm to allow it to move. some times there is a little fluid still onto of it after assembly and it is just working its way out.

Or diaphragm is split.

If the diaphragm was slit would the fluid not spill out under use?There is no fluid spill when in normal use
  • nicklouse
    so no probs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse wrote:
    so no probs.

No the lever still touches the bar
  • nicklouse
    then there is air still in the system.

Or you have a leak somewhere.

take the cap off and check the condition of the diaphragm. and re-bleed.

maybe watch the video on how to bleed the juicies or re read the manual re bleeding the different parts of the system.
  • Cheers nicklouse I will check the diaphram
    I have watched the vid it is different procedure to the manual? which one would you use?
    I used the vid the guy seemed to know a thing or two.