Broken chain

galaxyboy
galaxyboy Posts: 168
edited September 2009 in Workshop
My chain snapped on my way home the other day while i was climbing a short hill. I had fitted the chain myself around 6 month ago so i was expecting to find a pin had fallen out but it looks like a link snapped as part of the broken section is still there. I had bought the same as the original hg93 i think. Can anyone recommend a decent quality chain to fit a triple with 11-32 cassette.

Comments

• Sram are generally regarded as being good value.
  • Will sram/shimano cross work okay?
  • yea as long as its the right speed. some people recommend using a sram cassette with a sram chain or a shimano cassette with a shimano chain but it doesnt really matter. it should work fine.
  • It will work fine but IMHO I would stick to Sram chain for Sram components and Shimano chain for Shimano components
  • It will work fine but IMHO I would stick to Sram chain for Sram components and Shimano chain for Shimano components

I'm not sure why you should say this. Sram chains tend to be recommended for Shimano transmissions and mostly because their connecting links are seen as superior.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Ti Nitride KMC X9
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Wamas
    Wamas Posts: 256
    SRAM, KMC or Wipperman will all work with Shimano as good as a shimano chain, and the advantage you get is the fixing link instead of having to use the shimano pins.