Cheeky bl**dy taxi driver..!

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited September 2009 in The bottom bracket
Cheeky swine..!

I'm in the front room working on the puter and I hear a car pull up in the drive. Suspecting its my mother with a load of shopping I look out and get ready to go and give her a hand but instead see a taxi driver doing a uturn on our driveway.

:shock: :x

Just had time to see his 3 digit ID plate as he drove off. Reported him for this, frankly its lazy driving - plenty of little side roads to turn around in here in this part of Southampton. Our family driveway isnt a public access. :?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Disgraceful :shock: Little DF's could have been playing in the late autumn sun in the garden not realising that they ought to be looking out for cabbies doing u-turns in Daddies garden.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • downfader
    redvee wrote:
    Disgraceful :shock: Little DF's could have been playing in the late autumn sun in the garden not realising that they ought to be looking out for cabbies doing u-turns in Daddies garden.

No little DFs yet thanks, haha! I'm skint and live with the Parents still. :(

Seriously though my little cousins do play in the garden at times so yes it could have happened, though I doubt he'd just reverse in with people there. :?

Years ago I caught a driver reverse in to uturn whilst I was walking down the drive - this carboot just came swinging at me so I shouted a loud "OI!" This moron leans out the drivers window and goes "Why dont you **** off, mate, I can drive where I want!" and gave me the finger

Took a big old kick at his car I can tell you. Size 11 walking boots would have done more damage had he not torn off at such a speed. :twisted:
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Phone the Daily Heil. They'll start another hate campaign.

(Just don't let on you're a cyclist)

-Spider-
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    -spider- wrote:
    Phone the Daily Heil. They'll start another hate campaign.

(Just don't let on you're a cyclist)

Yeah, it's a disgrace, bet he was one of those illegal immigrant taxi drivers, what's the world coming to, stranger in my own country etc etc, blah blah. :lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Saw a cabby get into his cab whilst on his mobile yesterday and assumed he would finish the call before he drove off. How wrong was I. Would have got a pic but he had the phone on the other side of his head from where I was stood.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • downfader
    They did a poll of Southampton Taxi drivers this year and found the top complaint was lost drivers! :shock: You're a taxi driver, AND you all have the satnavs why cant you find a main road..? :lol:

So last night, Brother's birthday, we all take a taxi from his mates house and his mate tells the driver to take us to one of Southampton's most iconic pubs: The Cowherders. The guy didn't have a clue where we wanted to go, might as well said to him "shuffle over, I'll drive" :lol:

I cant really complain though, they get a LOT of cr*p from drunks and so on down here, epsecially at weekends.