Any old ' Rude Boys' on here ??

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited September 2009 in The bottom bracket
I met up with an old friend of mine the other day for a few beers. Back in the day, I was a Punk and he was a Rude Boy. We had some great times together and we appreciated both types of music. We both loved the Clash because they had that Punk-Reggae fusion thing going on. Just wondered if there were any old Rude Boys on here?

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Don't know if I'm a Rude Boy, but, I've seen Bob Marley, Greyhound, Aswad, Uni Rock Movement, and seen and met/sang backstage with Toots and the Maytals, Also seen Jimmy Cliff, Temptations, George Benson, The Police, and the Tamla Motown show at the NEC recently.

Got loads of old Derrick Thomas, Bob and the Wailers, old Trojan/Motown stuff on vinyl.

Best Reggae record EVER, Al Brown doing Al Green's "Here I am baby, come and take me"

Last night on Radio 5 Live, Doton Adebayo was was talking bout the Top 5 Jamaican Reggae and Dance Hall records. He was talking to "The President", DJ guy.

Used to be Sunday disco at St.Peters church, Roath, Cardiff. The played Judge Dread, Prince Buster, John Holt, Pioneers, Scotty... Great days!!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Skankin'
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    im a young rude boy!
    i ride a hardtail
  • All age Rude Boys are welcome!
  • A message to you Rude Boy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGDQ85Dg-ss
  • Will Snow
    im seeing neville staples in manchester in a few weeks, well up for a good ol skank!!
    i ride a hardtail
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686

I'm 32 but grew up on that, Madness too. My Dad is a massive fan of the Twotone label.
  • Afternoon buoys

The Specials are on a british tour now, inc. a couple of dates in ireland, i think. Drat, my passport's run out and i'm in bloody norway.
  • Neville Staples is still pretty good - saw them do a gig with Pauline Black a few months back - took me back a bit. Last time I saw her was the Selector at the George Robey in London and I was one of the few non skinheads in there.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Will Snow
    i saw him a while back in newquay as well, had a brilliantly surreal moment where a big fat white guy was talking to me ages about how much he wanted to be a big fat black guy. truely bizzarre but he seemed like a nice genuine chap
    i ride a hardtail
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Can't claim to be a real rude boy but did see The Specials back in May at Brixton Accademy - fan bloody tastic. Great atmosphere.
  • downfader wrote:

I'm 32 but grew up on that, Madness too. My Dad is a massive fan of the Twotone label.

thats for that- i feel like a pensioner now! * :shock:

*im off out now to get one :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    downfader wrote:

thats for that- i feel like a pensioner now! * :shock:

*im off out now to get one :D

:lol:

I often tell the work staff "I'm off to the little boys room, I'll bring you back one" to which for some reason they interprit as "I'll bring you back some poo!" :shock: :lol:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Thanks for that.

Not a rude boy as such but liked the Specials, Selecter, Madness, Beat etc.

Just had a session on the 'pod - brilliant!

I only now realised what all the lyrics are about in these "pop" songs. It is amazing what they could get away with :twisted:
    And without the prolific profanities.
    Very clever writing.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.