• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Nice first bike! :D
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Enjoy
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    where did you get it from? Somewhere over in edinburgh or in fife like Sandy Wallace or Lesley Bikes? Lovely bike whether its a first bike or not, I really like the look of them - for me that would be one of my dream bikes, hope you really enjoy it mate
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • Alright Kev?

I got it from Hardie's in Cairneyhill. I went to Wallace's too but Hardie's spent more time with me so decided to go with them.

Where are you based mate?
  • nice choice!

http://twitpic.com/j2az3 have a look at this it's lance's new bike
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • kfinlay
    Hey Roscobob,

I'm in Cardenden so where ever I ride I need to go up a hill but all good for the legs. Just starting back to cycling after about 25 yrs since I was last really into it. Been going from Cardenden to Lochgelly, up to Ballingry then back into Cardenden on the Kinglassie road for the last 4 trips which is 14.25Km but have a route planned for tomorrow morning taking me up to Kelty then back passed Loch Leven - see www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=21149 - which is 26Km
    Also thinking about linking up with some of the local guys for a weekend run but my LBS - Leslie Bike Shop go out on Sundays and I work every Sunday morning :(
    How about you mate?
    Kev

• I'm based in Dalgety Bay, done no cycling (no bike yet :lol: ) and trying to prepare for a cycle to Paris for charity in 2011 :shock:
  • kfinlay
    What Fife to Paris !!! or a London to Paris ? A lot of the LtoP finish at the Eiffel Tower but the MacMillan Cancer Trust one finishes on the Champs- Élysées like the TDF - how cool would that be eh?

Just completed my 16 miler in 58m 34s ave speed 16.4mph according to my cateye - had a bit numb plumbs and hands but not got good cycling gear however my wife has got me some good bib tights and gel gloves for my birthday which is in 3 wks :D

Bet you can't wait to get out, just mind not do too much too soon!
    Kev

• Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    First bike? :shock:
  • I'm in Fife too - and found Sandy to be a huge help, but ended up buying my first 'proper' bike (Madone 4.5) in Spokes in St Andrews. You say a Madone 2.3 - are you thinking of the trek 2.3 or a different Madone?

A few of us from these forums are doing a reliability trial out from Freuchie tomorrow if you fancy a gentle run?
  • I meant to say, feel free to use my new Fife cycling forums (very early days but might help to arrange rides in the area) at http://www.homeofgolf.info/flurryforum/
  • themightyw wrote:
    I'm in Fife too - and found Sandy to be a huge help, but ended up buying my first 'proper' bike (Madone 4.5) in Spokes in St Andrews. You say a Madone 2.3 - are you thinking of the trek 2.3 or a different Madone?

A few of us from these forums are doing a reliability trial out from Freuchie tomorrow if you fancy a gentle run?

Trek 2.3 I think. I dunno, I thought the Madone bit was in there!

This one:

http://www.speeds-cycles.co.uk/news/201 ... -bike.html

Sandy was helpful but I hit it off with the guys at Hardie's and preferred the Trek to the Orbea and Wallace's.

Will check out the forum, cheers.

Garz, not my first EVER bike, my first proper one :D