The Editors, Jules Holland show

Splottboy
Splottboy Posts: 3,695
edited September 2009 in The bottom bracket
Just caught this band. Sounded ok but - as Scar said, "We've been here before, haven't we Simba?" That is, so Human League, Orange Juice, 80's electro pop...
Not saying it's bad, in fact I LOVE that stuff.
Just feel it's being revamped and marketed as New.

Comments

• Haven't heard any of their new stuff, but their first album was a bad Joy Division/Interpol rip off.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • editors live are amazing, the bonus cd with their first album is their best stuff.
  • just listening to that on iplayer now, omfg what have they done :(

they used to be ripping the good stuff from that era, now they have started ripping this mince stuff :( hope all the album isn't like that
  • KevinMcC wrote:
    editors live are amazing, the bonus cd with their first album is their best stuff.

yeah they caught my attention when I saw them at reading festival last year. I was quite surprised to say the least when I heard the new single and I've got tickets to see them again in a few weeks...not sure if I'm going to like it now!
  • so long as the play fingers in the factories its worth seeing them live- absolute stormer live track that one
  • They were overshadowed on Jools Holland by Gang of Four - who were old enough to be their dads!

As a mate of mine said - if you went round there house and looked at their record collection it would only consist of three records - Joy Division, Echo & the Bunnymen and Gary Numan
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • I remember being in 'Fat Face' once and trying in a pair of jeans, I heard this song that came out over the speakers in the shop....its was bloody great....turned out be be this band!
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Haven't heard any of their new stuff, but their first album was a bad Joy Division/Interpol rip off.

Be prepared for more of the same then......