northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited September 2009 in The bottom bracket
usually, slower
always take up more room
usually in bigger groups
usually ridden by posh twats
always sh!t all over the road

so why dont they get the same stick like cyclists ?

Comments

• Cos fuck getting kicked by a horse!
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431

just for cars to run over and flatten out, tho that wasnt the case on one steep twisty decent i braked to about 15mph so i could avoid the stuff and not fall over.
    because tractors own the fields now.

not all horse riders are arrogant, its only when you start arguing with them. anyways take care.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Less of them for a start. Plus motorists don't tend to have to watch horseriders speeding past with big grins on their faces while they're stuck in traffic jams.

The other thing if you read the anti-cyclist hatemail which comes vomiting out every time the Times or the Mail runs a cycling article, is that I suspect that cyclists make some motorists feel vaguely guilty and inadequate. Common complaints include

Self-righteous - which I think translates 'they make me feel bad because they're both greener and fitter than me'
    Lycra-wearing - which I think translates as 'I'd look like a bread-dough wrapped in cling-film wearing that, they must be wearing it to take the p**s out of me'
    Red-light jumper - which I'm pretty sure translates as 'I can't get away with that, so why should they?'

etc etc.

None of that really applies to horse-riders! Bottom line is that motorists suffer the torments of the damned when they're stuck in the morning and evening rush-hours. To cyclists, traffic jams are things which happen to other people. Why wouldn't drivers hate cyclists?
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    usually, slower
    always take up more room
    usually in bigger groups

Food for thought, maybe we should start sh*tting in the roads.............
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • Possibly because most horse riders tend to be women.

What kind of a bloke gets cross with a woman wearing tight fitting jodhpurs that smiles, waves and says thank you when you slow down for them ?

Sorry to lower the tone but if the majority of cyclists were women like I've seen on the 'girls in lycra shorts' thread then English drivers would have a very different opinion (even that twunt James Martin) and even more so if they rode out of the saddle all the time :roll: :oops:
  • Cos girls who ride horses are always fit and posh
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • If you hit a horse it's make a mess of your Car,

If you hit a cyclist you might get a small scratch!

Sorry to be blunt!
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686

Potnoodle cooked in dishwater?

..oh you mean the horse...!
  • I've encountered quite a few equastrians, they've all been really nice :?
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I've encountered quite a few equastrians, they've all been really nice :?

Same here. I have also seen a lot of gypsy horses run around the town which is loverly to see. :)
  • I'm a horserider and a cyclist..ohh and a motorcyclist.....and female.....and a road user.....i'm hated on all counts.....life is gooooood :D
    Caz xxxx
  • I would like to say that I wish you guys were right, but I have encountered a fair amount of trouble when out on horses too :(
    Passengers throwing stuff at the horse, slowing down by the side, letting rip with the horn (now known as "a James Martin") and hairing off at speed and the worst was seeing how close they could get to the horse before it kicked the car! Although once the horse starts playing up, no one wants to stick around to get their car damaged.....
    If you hit a horse it's make a mess of your Car,

If you hit a cyclist you might get a small scratch!

Sorry to be blunt!
    Ok, these are the worst things that have happened over a relatively long period of time, and I still feel safer on a horse than on a bike!
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    I'm a horserider and a cyclist..ohh and a motorcyclist.....and female.....and a road user.....i'm hated on all counts.....life is gooooood :D
    Caz xxxx
    you're not a feminist are you? just asking sprint.gif
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889

No way... almost everyone I've seen on an horse is rather tasty and when I say good morning and they say "hello" back I get all excited :lol:
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • I'm a horserider and a cyclist..ohh and a motorcyclist.....and female.....and a road user.....i'm hated on all counts.....life is gooooood :D
    Caz xxxx

So let me get this straight, you wear lycra, jodhpurs and leather ?

I'm in love already :wink::lol:

I'll get me coat :oops:
  • came across 6 posh birds on horses this morning, brilliant plummy accents, very hot.
    considered a sherman behind a hedge, but resisted
  • bobpzero wrote:
    I'm a horserider and a cyclist..ohh and a motorcyclist.....and female.....and a road user.....i'm hated on all counts.....life is gooooood :D
    Caz xxxx
    you're not a feminist are you? just asking sprint.gif

Feminist??? noooooooo i love the man too much i'd be lost without men. :lol:Caz xxxxx
  • Escargot wrote:
    Caz xxxx

So let me get this straight, you wear lycra, jodhpurs and leather ?

I'm in love already :wink::lol:

I'll get me coat :oops:

Not all at the same time, thet all have their places ;)
    Caz xxx