RPCC Ride 26/27 September

Berns12
Berns12 Posts: 198
As Rich is busy with work and moving house this week I have helped him out to get the RPCC thread rolling. I am not around on Saturday but could be there for the Sunday, but the usual regulars should be there in force enjoying the last of the warmer rays of sunlight for 2009.

As usual there are two rides planned this weekend, the traditional Saturday ride and the quicker "hoonfest" on Sunday.

So, for those of you coming to join us and talking about the 'normal' ride, usual meet & ride plan:

-9am start on Saturday is most likely this week (although keep an eye out as earlier times may be decided)
-Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
-80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped*
-Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)
-Notes regarding the faster 'hoonfest' ride are listed below should a fast ride be mentioned...

New faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! Be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too!

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend, which day, which ride, what kind of ride and what start time?

* Please note that faster rides (affectionately referred to as 'hoonfests') have been heading out of late where the average speed is upped to around 32-35kph / 20-22mph over 80km / 50 miles - where this is the case it will be announced as a faster ride, but please be aware that if you get dropped you may not find anyone waiting for you (although you should find a chance to re-group on Box Hill). These rides usually head out on a Sunday and usually follow the same route each time so if you want to have a go please register your interest and make sure you get a route download from someone. Thanks. Note that the 'normal pace' ride often still goes out on the same weekend so that option should still be available to you.

Comments

• All things being well (ie not getting lost on the way there!), I'll be in for the ride this Saturday :D

Simon.
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • Hey Berns, I am doing the Legs of Steel race on Sat morning so will be out. It may be worth noting that this starts and ends on Box Hill and does a clockwise route round the Downs, so you guys may encounter some bike traffic. Home ground sportive, so hoping for a gold time to finish off the years sportives for me :lol:
  • Good point Fuji. Best to avoid Box Hill and the rest of the Leagues of Steel route if possible.
    I'm not around this Saturday but could be tempted by a hoon-fest on Sunday - Club ride otherwise.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I am not around on Saturday, but may be able to make Sunday for a hoon if one is happening and I haven't suffered a lard embolus from excessive eating... :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Cheers for sorting this Bern 8)

A bit of a hoon on Sunday is most likely to be my only option this weekend - I really need to use Saturday to get this new flat straight and sorted, not to mention to somehow offload the mountain of cardboard I've accumulated from glorious Ikea flat packs! :evil:

I'll keep an eye on this thread and keep you posted
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I'm not around this Saturday but could be tempted by a hoon-fest on Sunday - Club ride otherwise.
    Felgen wrote:
    I am not around on Saturday, but may be able to make Sunday for a hoon if one is happening

This has been mooted, I'm keen. Was thinking of a 10am start though (I could do with the snooze in).

I plan to do a club run on Saturday so wont do the usual RPCC ride on Saturday.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Was thinking of a 10am start though (I could do with the snooze in)
    +1 :roll: :lol:
  • felgen
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Club run? Which one?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Myk-ee
    felgen wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Club run? Which one?

Twickers. Why do you ask? Time to join a 'real' club eh? :wink:
  • I won't be around this weekend as I have found a crack in the rear of my fork that warrants further examination. I'm also upgrading the bike to full Ultegra and will need to strip it down... hope you guys enjoy the ride though :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Rich-Ti
    jrduquemin wrote:
    I'm also upgrading the bike to full Ultegra
    Ooh, you got the new 6700 Ultegra? :shock:
  • Myk-ee
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    jrduquemin wrote:

Rich - Stop it! Walk away.. :roll:
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    jrduquemin wrote:
    Rich - Stop it! Walk away.. :roll:
    Me, Ultegra? How dare you... :roll: :lol:
  • No, I purchased last years Ultegra as it was only £450 from Merlin Cycles. Was tempted by Ultegra 6700 but couldn't justify the extra expense :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • It'll be the faster Sunday ride for me please, I'm easy with the timings.
  • Anyone up for a few laps of the park tonight? I hear the surface is pretty good now and the weather looks great!
  • Let us know if the surface is better, I'm more than eager to go back to RP...when my ankle's "fixed"
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Working this weekend. Have a good ride folks.
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Esoteric80 wrote:
    Anyone up for a few laps of the park tonight? I hear the surface is pretty good now and the weather looks great!

Didn't spot you down there tonight. Spotted a badger though. It was just about to run across the road in front of me when it saw me and decided against it. Well chuffed - first badger I've ever seen. The park was absolutely stunning tonight - weather and wildlife wise.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I'm up for a saturday slugish ride. Is anyone else?

The problem is that with the so said sportive around we should try and do a different route, but I won't be able to help on that department... Any volunteers?
  • felgen
    Myk-ee wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Club run? Which one?

Twickers. Why do you ask? Time to join a 'real' club eh? :wink:
    Fairy nuff... Ijust was interested as I knew that a Saturday club run meant it wasnt KW or Dynamo.
    Anyway I only ever did one KW club run not that I dislike them, in fact it was greatb- I prefer to stick with the RPCC especially as we now have the hoonfest which is more my cup of tea.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Sunday Hoon-Fest - all welcome, but very little re-grouping

10am looks like the favoured option.

Should get back in time to see the climax of the Worlds (can't miss this!)
  • Myk-ee
    So for the Sunday hoon we're looking like:

Art Vandelay
    Mal-inger
    Rich-Ti
    Felgen
    Me

did I miss anyone?
  • Berns12
    Myk-ee wrote:

Art Vandelay
    Mal-inger
    Rich-Ti
    Felgen
    Me

did I miss anyone?

I might be up if the house move goes well. So what is the route from Cobham? Instead of turning right into the lane we continue on and that drags us up to top of Coombe? and then its Crocknorth then to Box Hill?
  • Berns12
    Hey Berns, I am doing the Legs of Steel race on Sat morning so will be out. It may be worth noting that this starts and ends on Box Hill and does a clockwise route round the Downs, so you guys may encounter some bike traffic. Home ground sportive, so hoping for a gold time to finish off the years sportives for me :lol:

Good luck with the Legs of Steel. Its run by triathletes eh (Ful on Tri if I can remember)? Make sure you stay well clear of them with their tri bars!
  • Myk-ee
    Berns12 wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:

Art Vandelay
    Mal-inger
    Rich-Ti
    Felgen
    Me

did I miss anyone?

I might be up if the house move goes well. So what is the route from Cobham? Instead of turning right into the lane we continue on and that drags us up to top of Coombe? and then its Crocknorth then to Box Hill?

Almost. From cobham straight on as you say but then chuck a left to go over the train line at Effingham Junction station. Straight on and over a main road (think it's the A25) up a slight incline before another left which takes us onto Ranmore common then BH.
  • Don't forget - J09 and Simon are planning a Saturday ride.
    Who's joining them?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • morph
    morph Posts: 63
    Can't make this weekend I'm afraid. Work :(