Weather Forecasts

Andy
Andy Posts: 8,207
edited September 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Is there such a thing as a 14 day forecast?

Trying to look ahead to D2D!

Comments

• Not accurate ones.

Anything after 3 days is fantasy according to the met. But it doesn't stop them or all the other sites putting up 15 day forecasts (that change daily). It's bollocks really.
  • Just assume its gonna rain.... it normally does here anyways :lol:
  • You can get a 14 day forecast on Metcheck

Local Met offices can usually do reasonably accurate forecasts for 5 to 7 days. However, beyond that the GFS (American) product used by MetCheck, XC Weather etc. are rather unreliable anyway.
  • Nik_B
    Nik_B Posts: 270
    Not accurate ones.

Anything after 3 days is fantasy according to the met. But it doesn't stop them or all the other sites putting up 15 day forecasts (that change daily). It's bollocks really.

This
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    the met do a 6-15 day forcast but at that point they talk about general trends over a few days, nothing accurate at all.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • what amazes me is the difference in forecasts between BBC weather and Metcheck, it's incredible. Time after time i had looked at both forecasts and one will say 'rain', the other 'sunny'. I think that BBC seems a touch more reliabe IMO, although you can get longer and more detailed forecasts on Metcheck
  • Don't the BBC get their weather predictions from the MET though? I do find it odd that they differ so much
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • accuweather.com
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.