Great Scott! A new Scott.

NDawn
NDawn Posts: 238
edited October 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Just taken delivery of my new Scott Scale 35, after trying out several this felt just right for me, bit overpriced but just fell in love after trying it out,

Bike6.jpg

Just been out for a quick trip round the block and love it. The SRAM x9s are astonishing, coming from decade old Shimanos :)

Comments

• nice bike. Next pics need to be of a muddy bike. I got a scale50 last year and it was superfast with a hint of a fib when i am climbing! Enjoy it and love it
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Very nice
    Lapierre Spicy 916
  • NDawn
    Cheers Guys, shame I picked it up mid afternoon on Sunday, would have liked to go out for a proper ride.

Will be out next weekend possibly to Gisburn to give it a ride out.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    very nice, i almost got one of these myself but eventualy went for the spark.

i would still like one, if only i could convince my other half :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Looks fast standing still!

Had the Scott G-Zero Team, was lightest FS "in the World" at the time. Very nice and Scott USA were great co to contact too.
  • rubins4
    rubins4 Posts: 563
    Lovely bike! Just out of curiousity, did you have a test ride on a 'aspect' aswell? I've had a pedal about on my mates aspect 20 and its a lovely bike, but he was torn between that and the scale. I suggested the geo on the scale might be a bit to 'racey' for the very broad type of riding we do, and he felt the same. I was just wondering if, as a scale owner, you had any thought on the matter! :P
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12613038
    Anyway, fk dis, I iz off 4 a ride innit. l8rz peepz
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    mint
    LOL road riding.
  • NDawn
    Hi all thanks for the kind words :)

Been out on it the last few weekends, just been a bit of road/forestry track + some longer rockier descents.

Absolutely loving it at the moment. Brakes need a bit more bedding in but they're the first disc brakes I've used and they are light years ahead of V-brakes.

To rubins4 I didn't sadly test ride the aspect so not sure how it compares. I have to agree with you the Scale geometry is race orientated, it but it just suits me perfectly. Not to say I do lots of racing, but the feel of the bike and the position feels perfect, just like my older steel GT. Much prefer the lower ride position of the Scale over the Rockhopper I tried.

It was a weird purchase really, only test rode it because it looked nice and immediately knew it was the right one for me. That sounds really soppy :oops:

DSCF0312.jpg

Still looks clean, but been making sure I use muc-off to keep it in reasonable condition.

I tend to ride a lot with my dad, he rides a Trek 8000.

DSCF0313.jpg

Planning on doing Gisburn forest, LLandegla, Coed-Y-Brenin, Edale and Hadrians wall cycle route (coast to coast) soon.
  • rubins4
    rubins4 Posts: 563
    Glad to hear your getting on with it! I'd love to have a go one one, looks like it will really spur you on to get some miles in. When you know somethings right, you just know. Good to hear thats what you got! :P
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12613038
    Anyway, fk dis, I iz off 4 a ride innit. l8rz peepz