cycle clubs in aberdeen?

Baytt
Baytt Posts: 102
edited October 2009 in Road beginners
Hi.

just moved up to aberdeen for university, wondering if there were any cycle clubs that are based close to the city itself.

had a look around on the web and found 2 but there both 10-15+miles outside the city.

Thanks.

Comments

• I've recently joined the Deeside Thistle Cycling Club (DTCC), which might be one of the ones you have already found. They do runs from Banchory, Inverurie and Stonehaven I think, but they also do Saturday morning runs from Leggart Terrace, just off the Bridge of Dee roundabout. Best contact someone through the website for more details.

There are a few members who come out from Aberdeen for the Sunday runs from Banchory, some cycle out, some drive. Makes it a long ride, but depends how much you want to do.

There is also the Granite City Race Team, but as the name suggests I guess they are quite serious!

Good luck finding something.
  • Baytt
    Baytt Posts: 102
    i had a look at the deeside thistle cycling club, though didnt give it a good look.

Leggart Terrace is fairly close to where im staying so might be worth a shot.

the other one that i had a look at was i think Ythan cycle club. Though that one is up in Ellon. 10 miles north i believe.
  • Granite City rides are the best in town. Just turn up on Saturdays and Sundays at 9am at Leggart Terrace, in the layby just before the national speed limit signs. The first run will likely be next weekend (10 & 11 October) since there's still racing to be done this weekend! The runs are very easy in October and November. The speed picks up a little in December and January.