WHAT Mountain Bike - where do you purchase it from?

TowerRider
TowerRider Posts: 430
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Hi, I have bought various mtb mags over the last 6 months and to be honest the only one that seems to suit me (beginner) is WHAT Mountain BIke.. I can't find it stocked anywhere, I have tried ASDA, COOP, local paper shops. Which retailer do you get your copy from?

Got my tools, bag and bits and hope to have my first proper ride this weekend:)

Comments

• All the large Tesco sell it as far as I know.
    Orange Crush 2010
    Trek 1.5c
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Why dont you subscribe?

Plenty of links on here.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Tesco and WH Smith's were the usual places I bought it. If you're going to be buying regular a subscription would be a good idea.
  • Cheers, I must of got my two copies from WH Smith while travelling. I will try Tesco or WH Smith tomorrow and subscribe at a later date if I think it is the mag for me - people with £5k bikes jumping and riding in some far off place really doesn't make a good article for me re other mags... I know my limits - skill and finanically!
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Yep... Get mine form Tesco's too.
  • Tescos - sometimes they bundle it with MBUK in a plastic wrapper and you get the two for £5 I think?
  • ?!?!

I don't quite understand the point of this topic. A shop is a shop, full stop!

I don't buy magazine so much these days, but when I do a swear by WMB and no other. Proper and more sensable MTB news and tips by real adult riders :)

I especially like the riding routes features - tried and tested routes!
    KK.
  • Just subscribed and got the oct issue through, just waiting for my free shorts now, can't go wrong really their worth £30 and saving money with every issue !
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    I'm letting my sub slide, same with most mags- you get the same articles year on year- this month has a light test- now wrong with that as such, but about this time last year and the year before....Guess- yup light tests- soon to be winter shoes I'd bet, and then winter clothing...
    Also, they keep putting a good percentage of the mag articles on the front page, dont see the point in paying when I can get most of the info free... If they did the route cards that have been promised on and off for ages, I may reconsider. But I doubt I'll subscribe again.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • ratty2k wrote:
    I'm letting my sub slide, same with most mags- you get the same articles year on year- this month has a light test- now wrong with that as such, but about this time last year and the year before....Guess- yup light tests- soon to be winter shoes I'd bet, and then winter clothing...
    Also, they keep putting a good percentage of the mag articles on the front page, dont see the point in paying when I can get most of the info free... If they did the route cards that have been promised on and off for ages, I may reconsider. But I doubt I'll subscribe again.

Totally see your point, most mags are the same but i'll give it a year with the free shorts.
  • Tesco - it's my local 'newsagent'

Towerrider - the £5k bikes might no be something you ride but it could be something you aspire to riding some day in the future - nowt wrong with dreaming (and the £5k bike might end up only being a £1k bike), but as your riding develops and your skills develop you'll start looking at more expensive stuff and find it more reasonably priced...you get out of biking what you put in, so you will soon discover that the cost of the bike isn't an issue - as long as it is used then it will be worth ever penny to you no matter whether it costs £5 or £5k...
    The Quest for Singletrack is Endless...