Anyone doing the Arthur Metcalfe memorial?

jacster
jacster Posts: 177
Hi,

Anyone doing this next Sunday in North Yorks?

Comments

• John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    I can not find any details. Links to the event website do not work.
  • try -

http://www.jjhardy.co.uk/charity-events ... e-Ride.htm

I did it last year and really enjoyed it, although there was a lot of furiously trying to hang onto the back of the Dinnington CC train on my part for the miles between about 45 and 65 as they were flying.

Doing the C&F challenge this year instead.
  • John.T
    Cheers. All the ones I found were dead.
  • jacster
    Hey John,

How's your Trek 5.2?
    Have got a pair of race lites on my Allez but am considering buying a Trek. Would love the 6.9 but just a bit out of my price bracket..
  • John.T
    Great. Nearly 2 years old and no problems. Wheels have been good in spite of what I read on here sometimes. Spec is nearly standard but it is actually a 58cm rebuilt on to a 56cm frame. They could not get 56cm bikes at the time. It meant I got the 175 cranks I prefer and I also changes the stem and seat mast. Saddle (Flite Gelflo) and bars (Bonty VRs) are a later addition. I thought my old Trek was good but this is much better. It comes in at 16.5lb with pedals. Who needs a 6.9. Would be nice though.
  • jacster
    Cheers. Might see if I can take one out for a spin.
  • jacster
    Did this one today and really enjoyed it.
    Good friendly atmosphere, good pace and a fair few hills thrown into the mix!
    Definitely one I'd do again.
  • John.T
    Likewise. Rode round in a small steady group in 4hr.17. That will do for me at this end of the year.