Fleet Moss Audax and supporting rides. 27/09/09.

davelakers
davelakers Posts: 762
http://www.ribblevalleycrc.com/docs/audax2009.pdf

The big one is a monster apparently, but very rewarding through superb countryside. Im not fit enough at the moment, but Im doing the middle one. Still tough, but misses Fleet Moss.

£7 on the day, bargain. The more the merrier!!

Comments

• I'll be away otherwise I'd probably do it. Best cycling country in the universe.
  • A couple of months ago I had to ride over Fleet Moss at the 250km stage of a 300km ride from Edinburgh to Leeds. I can tell you the double chevron section at the end is a killer, although, once over the top, it was a lovely bit of road.
  • The very best.
  • is there anymore info inc maps for this ride, i guess there are no marshalls, or signs put out,
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    is there anymore info inc maps for this ride, i guess there are no marshalls, or signs put out,

Its not in the spirit of audax to make useful information such as a route easily available. Generally you only know the start point and the distance before you enter an event. Then you get a cryptic route sheet. That's what happens when weirdie-beardies run an organisation :wink:

I believe there's even an event coming next year that has been priced ridiculously highly in a deliberate attempt to deter others from riding it.
    More problems but still living....