My new ride - Enduro Expert

militantmandy
militantmandy Posts: 106
edited October 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Aright folks. Just thought i'd post this up. Got it last week, yet to see any real action but this weekend should change that. Specialized Endur FSR Expert:

IMG_1384.jpg

Enduro3.jpg

Comments

• MMMMMM......Chocolate :D

What a lovely ride you have there.

Starting again!!!!
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Brake hose looks looooooong.

Nice ride though
  • It does a it doesn't it!? The brakes are stunning though, so i'll not be messing with them! Loving it so far. Been going down a lot of steps!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very nice ride mate. enjoy it
  • nice bike :D
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Lovely bike, go and get it dirty, then furiously clean it, go get dirty, clean and repeat
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    Nice wheels mate, welcome to the enduro gang 8)

• cheers fella's! Had it up at Glentress for the first time at the weekend. First time on the new bike and also first time since I wrecked myself 2 months ago, so nothing too heroic. Still, felt fantastic though and i just can't get over the brakes. They are simply amazing!
  • Danr
    Danr Posts: 196
    Very nice, very jealous. Desperately wanted one of these but out of my budget!
  • The wonderful world of intrest free credit beckons!
  • Danr
    Danr Posts: 196
    The wonderful world of intrest free credit beckons!

Lol. You've never met my wife :oops:

I was in Specialized in Chester 2 weeks ago after going to Llandegla and my cousin was egging me on! Can't tell you how close I came! :( :roll:
  • Lovely dubbly!! great bike and a real oozy colour.

By the way, the brake cable isn't to long, it just needs undooing off the bar(the lever) and rerouting between the other cables and the underneath of the stem, that'll take out the 'slack'.
    Then go ride ur legs off!!! :)
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • Lovely dubbly!! great bike and a real oozy colour.

By the way, the brake cable isn't to long, it just needs undooing off the bar(the lever) and rerouting between the other cables and the underneath of the stem, that'll take out the 'slack'.
    Then go ride ur legs off!!! :)

Will give it a bash. Already doing the other bit!
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    And take the reflecotrs off!!!!

Nice bike though. Welcome to the club. What size frame is that?
  • chrisga wrote:
    And take the reflecotrs off!!!!

Nice bike though. Welcome to the club. What size frame is that?

Reflectors have since gone. The frame is a small.
  • cracking bike, its a shame you'll ride it like a big jessie!!
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • Hahahah! I live to prove you wrong! Question for you experts about my...expert. There's two bolt positions fo the bottom of the rear shock. Currently it's in the slightly more angeld rather than the very upright position. What effect will putting it to the other one have?
  • By changing the position you change the length of travel to the shock i'm not sure which way it's set at now but by looking in the pic i would say it's set to longest travel, try swopping it over and see the difference in the ride, i have 3 settings on my links and they all make a difference.
    Go ahead, give it a play!!!!! :wink:
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • Hahahah! I live to prove you wrong! Question for you experts about my...expert. There's two bolt positions fo the bottom of the rear shock. Currently it's in the slightly more angeld rather than the very upright position. What effect will putting it to the other one have?

The setting you have it on in the piccy is freeride/all mountain. It gives a slacker head angle.
    The other setting gives slightly less travel and is more suited to cross country riding.

That's what the manual states anyhow!

I've just ridden it everywhere in the all-mountain setting and it's brill'. Uphill (steep), downhill (rad) and everything in between. No need to touch it imo.

Hope that helps
  • Zaskar20 wrote:
    Hahahah! I live to prove you wrong! Question for you experts about my...expert. There's two bolt positions fo the bottom of the rear shock. Currently it's in the slightly more angeld rather than the very upright position. What effect will putting it to the other one have?

The setting you have it on in the piccy is freeride/all mountain. It gives a slacker head angle.
    The other setting gives slightly less travel and is more suited to cross country riding.

That's what the manual states anyhow!

I've just ridden it everywhere in the all-mountain setting and it's brill'. Uphill (steep), downhill (rad) and everything in between. No need to touch it imo.

Hope that helps

That's excellent thanks! Had a flick through the book, but couldn't see anything. I'll maybe try it just to see how it is, but as you say the bike is great already.

Much obliged!
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    Welcome to the enduro gang. I run mine with the rear shock in the front hole. It seems to speed up the steering a little, it seemed quite lazy to me before that. I think it also increases the bottom bracket height marginally, and hence the c of g of the bike. Which means it tips in to corners a bit quicker too. Not convinced it reduces the amount of travel as the shock still moves through the same stroke but I may be wrong.
    Mines blue though with a sort of chocolate coloured coating:

3765361846_657a774f80_b.jpg
  • Thanks for that. Cetainly looks like yours is well used! The Scottish rain has just cleaned the mud off mine. Here's what it looked like new:

IMG_1384.jpg

Mine started off chocolate!
  • mogi
    mogi Posts: 69
    ive just got an 09 comp which im yet to get dirty.
    i also got a small frame size and im 5.8 and it seems to fit great,what do you think of the enduro?