Bib Tights

benneally
benneally Posts: 973
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Found these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_M ... 360038993/

Just wondering about sizing...I am 6"1, 32inch waist and a 38inch inner leg...what size do i get :? I was thinking the medium.... any advice? Thanks.

Comments

• 38" inner leg,are you sure?? :shock:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Are you really really sure?? :lol:

Eg: I'm 6" with a 33" inside leg. If I added 5" to my inside leg my hips would be at the bottom of my rib cage - I'd look really fucking oddly deformed. And I'd have to take out a load of internal organs stuff.
  • 37" inside leg. Thats from the floor to my groin. Should it be between the ankle and groin or is it right?
  • No, that's right, floor to groin (V of the join leg & nutsack) without shoes.

Still, very long legged for a 32" waist, you might be stugglin' what ever you buy. Although the Tenn Outdoor ones i got have a good 3 - 4" inches spare at the bottom (annoyingly). In theory they would fit you.
  • ...are you calling me lanky? :evil:
    hahah
  • aldi have something similar to these for £12.99 (only bottom half) - maybe worth a look before you purchase them
  • hi....where would i find a link to such aldi tights? thanks
  • http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12650627

Check that out, links in there, including the Tenn Outdoors ones I got. The large would fit your leg length.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Still, very long legged for a 32" waist

WTF has his waist size got to do with his inside leg? :?
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Lower the waist size the shorter the leg usually. I reckon if he got a 34 / 36 waist size he'd probably get the extra length out of the garment. ...I should have worded it better, it was one of them you think internally and forget to articulate properly. :P
  • dave_hill
    Lower the waist size the shorter the leg usually

Eh? Since when?

By that reckoning, somebody who's 6 foot 6 tall with a 34" waist should have shorter legs that somebody 5 foot 9 with a 38" waist!!! :lol:
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • kudu bikes are selling scott ones for £20 on ebay search for there shop
    if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun
  • dave_hill wrote:
    Lower the waist size the shorter the leg usually

Eh? Since when?

By that reckoning, somebody who's 6 foot 6 tall with a 34" waist should have shorter legs that somebody 5 foot 9 with a 38" waist!!! :lol:

Take a look around. Since when do see an 'average' waist / leg ratio sizing stocked of 32" / 36" - you'll get a 32" / 34" tops. 35-36" waist come in stocked 32" 34" 36" and sizes in between ....33" leg too sometimes.
  • dave_hill
    Take a look around. Since when do see an 'average' waist / leg ratio sizing stocked of 32" / 36" - you'll get a 32" / 34" tops. 35-36" waist come in stocked 32" 34" 36" and sizes in between ....33" leg too sometimes.

Oh right.... :roll:

Didn't realise you'd made such a study of it. But you did say that in general small waist = shorter inside leg.

Maybe in trouser sizes yes, but there are thin people with long legs and fat people with short legs. So as far as people are concerned your argument is more full of holes than the Pope (holy, geddit? :D ).
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • dave_hill wrote:

Oh right.... :roll:

Come on Einstein it's not hard to grasp retailers tend not to stock 'odd' sizings even if the manufacturers bother to cater for it in the first place.