Clarkson and Martin

Splottboy
Splottboy Posts: 3,695
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Apparently, "Green" activists have dumped a load of manure onto JC's front door step.

They claimed this is what his attitude to the environment is what we'll end up in. URRRGHHH.

I'm not sure what the truth is, but it's also been mentioned that the load was taken from any and all comments made by "Chef" Martin recently...

Comments

• Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    Brilliant, I can't think of a better place for Clarkson.

Piers Morgan would make a much, much better candidate.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Duffer wrote:
    Brilliant, I can't think of a better place for Clarkson.

Piers Morgan would make a much, much better canditate.

Or Quentin Wilson.

I have a lot of respect for Clarkson. At least he has the guts to say what he's thinking, which a lot of people don't.

His one-eyed Scottish idiot outburst was pure genius.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Piers Morgan, Jordan/Andre, Clarkson, Ant & Dec, Alan Hansen, Chris Evans . . .

I could go on!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Splottboy wrote:
    I'm not sure what the truth is, but it's also been mentioned that the load was taken from any and all comments made by "Chef" Martin recently...
    I didn't understand a word of that.

The insane thing about this is that they're protesting against Clarkson's "Blase attitude towards Climate change".
    So, they don't like his opinion? WTF? He's not the only one who thinks humans only play a tiny role in global warming. Just because he openly states it, he gets a load of crap dumped on him?
    To me, it seems that the protestors are being the arseholes here :roll:
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Surely this should have been aimed at James Martin!?! There is a thread in the commuting section of Bikeradar here

Clarkson didn't deserve this, the fool Martin most certainly did...
  • nfrang
    nfrang Posts: 250
    dave_hill wrote:
    His one-eyed Scottish idiot outburst was pure genius.

'You've got to change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror... murder a prostitute. Change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day.' :lol:
  • dave_hill
    He's not the only one who thinks humans only play a tiny role in global warming. Just because he openly states it, he gets a load of crap dumped on him?
    To me, it seems that the protestors are being the arseholes here :roll:

That's the trouble with tree huggers. No sense of humour.

Who gives a crap if the planet's going to pot? We'll all be dead one day so enjoy it while you can.
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • I don't mind someone speaking their mind and if they can be funny at the same time then so much the better, but Clarkson thinks that controversial = funny, and sometimes he's just a dick. His comment encouraging people to "string piano wire across the road" to take out motorcyclists is just one that springs to mind, and before anyone says "yeah, but he was only joking, no one would really do it", just have a look at some of the mongos that comment on the Top Gear website after every show.
  • J.C should hire the biggest gas guzzling jcb to pick the shit up then hire the biggest gas guzzling lorry to take it away.jezza rules man!
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • Anonymous
    Clarkson thinks that controversial = funny, and sometimes he's just a dick.
    But why should he not be allowed to give his opinion on global warming?
    The protestors really are the dicks in this instance.
  • Clarkson thinks that controversial = funny, and sometimes he's just a dick.
    But why should he not be allowed to give his opinion on global warming?
    The protestors really are the dicks in this instance.

exactly.
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • The global warming thing? Oh I'm fine with that, go for it Jezza. :)
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Have none of you guys read James Martins Dailymail article that has obviously started all this!?!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Kiblams wrote:
    Have none of you guys read James Martins Dailymail article that has obviously started all this!?!

I think quite a lot of people read it - it was linked here - I read it twice!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I take it the protestors have not seen Clarksons fuel economy runs that he has done on TG ie the london to Edinburgh and back on ONE tank of fuel.

Clarkson likes to wind the the environmentalists up with other stuff, and they bite too hard.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    knowing clarcson he'd probaly spread it on the garden and thank them for the bumper crop of carrots :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    I don't mind someone speaking their mind and if they can be funny at the same time then so much the better, but Clarkson thinks that controversial = funny, and sometimes he's just a dick. His comment encouraging people to "string piano wire across the road" to take out motorcyclists is just one that springs to mind, and before anyone says "yeah, but he was only joking, no one would really do it", just have a look at some of the fools that comment on the Top Gear website after every show.

The piano wire thing wasn't Clarkson.

Just for the record I'm no Clarkson fan but I'm kind of with yeehaamcgee here- the protestors will probably come out of this looking worse than him.
  • Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    dave_hill wrote:
    [quote

That's the trouble with tree huggers. No sense of humour.

Who gives a crap if the planet's going to pot? We'll all be dead one day so enjoy it while you can.

:D:D Quality
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The protestors would have been better off putting the manure in a digester or spreading it on fields - they have wasted it! And it will be giving off methane, 20 times more potent a 'greenhouse' gas than CO2...
  • Anonymous
    am i the only person who doesnt mind what james martin said? why is everyone getting so upset with someone expressing an opinion?

since when did all cyclists turn into such funcking mard-arses? hve you seen the ammount of cyclist related backslapping that is going on over this, funck my old boots, a bloke makes a comment, the cycling world falls into diss array, what a load of hippy crap.

ps, i also dislike road riders, they should be banned.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Clarkson deserves much worse: Anyone who refuses to put the new Mustang onto the "Cool wall" is mental.
    Hired a '66 Stang for my birthday a few years ago. Vibrations set off 3 earthquakes in Japan
  • I hate tree huggers with a passion
    They always think they're doing the world a favour with their pointless protests and often idiotic practices.
    Sadly the developing nations are polluting the planet, India, China, Russia and so forth, these guys don't care about the climate, they're trying to grow their economies at any cost.

England produces about 2% of the world's carbon but we're taxed more than any other nation on the planet in regards to car tax, air ticket tax, petrol prices and so forth, sadly not one penny of these taxes are used to reduce carbon output.

If some hippy chick tree hugger handcuffing herself to a Land Rover because "it makes smoke", or some eco-yobs spreading manure on a celebs' garden believe they can make a difference, well let's hand them rifles and get them to kill the cows who produce most of the methane causing global warming. That way food prices and greenhouse gasses will drop
  • note: they were all female :shock: ............

<edit> an apparent quote:

The group's spokeswoman, Tamsin Omond, 24, said: "I love Jeremy, I love fast cars, I love progress, but I've learnt some things and those things terrify me.

"If we keep on loving the fossil-fuelled lifestyle then by the time I hit 49, the world will be too busy coping with the impact of climate change to bother about how big an engine is possible.

hmmm, so by the same reasoning. I like eating chicken, but if we all ate chicken there wouldn't be any left. So i'm going to take a dump on Bernard Matthews front lawn
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Mr Worby..... long time no see in Buckingham Bikes. How are you?

I believe Mr Matthews is more well known for his turkey, but I would welcome news of you defacating on his lawn purely for the fact his food is complete tosh!
  • dave_hill
    ian_worby wrote:
    "If we keep on loving the fossil-fuelled lifestyle then by the time I hit 49, the world will be too busy coping with the impact of climate change to bother about how big an engine is possible.

See? "I" - that's all she's interested in. Me me me. Doesn't give f**k about anybody else. If I were you love I'd be more worried about crows feet and saggy tits at 49.

Kids - they know f**k all. If children are the future, they need stopping now.
    ian_worby wrote:
    hmmm, so by the same reasoning. I like eating chicken, but if we all ate chicken there wouldn't be any left. So i'm going to take a dump on Bernard Matthews front lawn

Kinda spurious, Bernard Mathews was the turkey bloke, but I like your style...!
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • I'm new (again) to mtb'ing but though i would stick my opinion in as well!

Having read the article again I thought JM was a bit of one..... But i read it originally on the train, at rush hour, with some idiot shoving his bike half way up my arse and agreed with him. JC on the other hand is just a bit witty and making and damn good living out of it. I just don't understand why people get upset at comments made by others. If either of them did what they claim i am sure it would have been in the papers and also the police would have paid them a visit - Its just and opinion, one i would echo if I made the money they do!

Just a thought, Clarkson lives in a pretty good place to take up MTB'ing, maybe it's about time someone sent him a copy of the mag and an invite to go on a ride to show him what it's about. Thinking about it, did he not do a show where a car raced a downhill biker down a mountain? And praised him on the show afterwards? Maybe the mag could do a spoof of it with a James Martin comedy character racing a cyclist and his beloved car breaks down (possibly crashing into the manure outside JC's house?)
  • Anonymous
    Hamster is a keen cyclist, if they were ever to have one of the Top Gear presenters doing something involving sycling, it would be Richard Hammond, not Clarkson - although JC on a mountain bike would be comedy gold! haha!
  • I also remember seeing a recent series with JM arsing around his garden stroking leaks or something similar. I think if people were to protest it would have more comedy value if people planted seatposts in his carrot garden or whatever you would call it. I could just imagine his face pulling them out for his sunday lunch.
  • i wouldnt give too much of a fuck but it impairs my skiing