Got to love Derby Police!

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
Literally within 150' feet of each other...

Sat behind a Police car (followed him for 1/2 mile) in a line of traffic when he suddenly pulls out from the line of traffic and starts bollocking an Astra driver... When the gap on the inside appears I filter down the inside and the pillock (astra driver!) has 4' of ladder sticking out of the front passenger window :shock: I had to swerve to get past safely and as I did I could hear the policeman having a RIGHT go at the prawn :lol:

Now at the lights which just turn red as I get there... I sit and wait, check the car behind (ASL), lights go green...

Pull off, check pedal, accelerate, shoulder check, look forward... SWERVE VIOLENTLY to avoid pratt who had stopped and then driven straight through the Red light. The guy did it so blatently, I checked again to make sure that other people had followed me through the green :?

Then stay right (one way stretch, two lanes) to get out of the way of the Police car THAT WAS DIRECTLY BEHIND the guy that RLJ'd!!! :lol:

Blue lights, sirens, car pulls over... I go past them both and have a shared look with the copper... I'm not entirely sure who was more stunned! 8)
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    well done
  • Good to see somewhere that still has traffic police on the roads :)

I think a lot of bad behaviour is driven by the fact that motorists perceive they can get away with it as in these traffic camera days, traffic police on the roads have been cut right back.
  • I have to say, I DO agree... it was really comical that two different traffic cars got two different offenders within 150' of each other within 2 minutes :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Great to hear something positive about the police for once
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    See it just goes to show that if thee and me can see these things going on every day, so can the police, but only if they're out there, not stuck doing paperwork or whatever.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Yeah, it's best the police don't do paperwork. Back in the old days, a copper's job involved a gentle stroll, a bit of how's your father with the strumpet at number 32, cuffing a few cheeky scrumpers round the ear, collecting some bribes from illegal street vendors before returning to the station to watch a suspect repeatedly fall down the stairs. No paperwork required!