The highest of high-viz

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
Now, for many reasons I couldn't wear this up here, it could be quite detrimental to my health, but can I just say that the new Celtic away strip is the brightest damn hi-viz material I have ever seen! It actually is brighter than the sun. It causes blindness if you look directly at it, even when viewed through a pin-hole in a piece of card, it can hurt.

It looks way brighter in the flesh.

prd_maxzoom_celtic-55661.jpg

Now, my question is, is there anything non-Celtic like this on the market?

Comments

• And it makes Arsenal players fall to the ground in fear without being touched..... overuled of course by UEFA...

Looks lovely, just not for the commute in Glasgow - would get half the people throwing flowers over you, the other half thowing pi55....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • strip of black gaffer tape over the logo and roberts yer mum's brother!
  • kyoukoku wrote:
    strip of black gaffer tape over the logo and roberts yer mum's brother!

That just would not work in Glasgow..... THEY would know. THEY would know that your mum's brother is in fact Cormack O'Shearer Murphy Flaherty, a Guinness drinking, tattie munching little person from the Emerald Isle.

No offense to Irish People, I am one!!
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    This piss-throwers would still know - and then you'd get the flower-throwers pissing in their vases for disrespecting the shirt by covering the logo.

Double-piss... Still, unlike stab wounds, piss washes off at least...! :?
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • :lol:

So you see my problem at least. They aren't quite as vicious about things out here in the East, but it would certainly liven up the commute. I reckon it could even lead to a new PB. :D

Would be a great top for cycling in though, I've never seen anything so bright in my life.
  • You'd look like a bumble-bee. Hilarious.

I know nothing about sport.

The Celtic v Rangers is not sport.... its an institutional calamity.
  • TommyEss
    It hurts my eyes even on screen (almost as much as my new Exposure light - let's just say believe them when they say "Don't look directly into the beam)

LiT - it's one of those religion/sporting issues...

Catholic Celtic Vs. Protestant Rangers - I'm not going into the debate on how silly it all is when you strip it down to the bare bones of the issue like that - but it makes the local rivalry thing between, say, Liverpool and Everton, look like kids squabbling over a lego brick.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    First time I saw the strip I thought it would be great for cycling.

And if I ever decided to cycle into glasgow I could probably get away with wearing one of them since I'd be cycling through Parkhead. Course wearing a Celtic shirt would would probably be the only way you'd get through Parkhead with your bike intact :P
  • TommyEss
    Can't you just wear a Glasgow Warriors' shirt?!

It's a much better sport anyway... :P
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    UE, it's perfect winter commuting garb! Can you send me one in a 'large' child size please? I can always cover the logo with something :D Matching socks?

Naturally I'd buy some a pair of fairy wings and some deely-boppers to complete the look. :D

BumblebeeMan.gif
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    If your looking for something not as likely to get you beaten up (at least in the UK) how about

http://www.sporteconomy.it/files/image/ ... rtiere.jpg

Or I thawt I thaw a puddy tat
    http://i44.tinypic.com/50ii4p.jpg
  • for the same reason why you don't wanna wear it to commute in Glasgow, i think wearing this to commute (or roadie training) in Glasgow will improve performance by 200%.

faster or you will end up in the hospital. truly MTFU with this top on. :lol:
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • TommyEss
    I think that would get you beaten up for a completely different reason...

Might unite the two firms for a bit mind...!
  • If i wear this going up Maryhill Road, it reminds me of yesterdays extract from the Glasgow Herald :
    "Reader Donald Macdonald tells us about the uniquely Glaswegian words of encouragement as the cyclists on the Pedal for Scotland charity run from Glasgow to Edinburgh were going through Easterhouse.

One chap with a large alsatian shouted: “If youse get tired oan the next hill, I’ll let him aff his lead.”"

Wearing a day-glo Celtic top the quote may well be "Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war, That this foul deed shall smell above the earth With carrion men, groaning for burial."
    That is if the average ned from maryhill is able to quote Shakespeare, while downing a bottle of buckie and sniffing some glue....
  • Nah, I see your Celtic and I raise you:

chelsea-yellow-away-kit.jpg
  • In Glasgow you could try sewing together 2 1/2s of a Celtic and Rangers strip together. It would still be hi-viz enough.... tho maybe both sides would then abuse you or just ram you from one side?
  • Well now, I certainly couldn't wear a Chelsea strip. I have **SOME** pride after all. And I still haven't forgiven the 1997 FA cup final. :evil: