ITM Crono VIP 3 Clip-Ons (with Bar End Shifters)

Jaeger
Jaeger Posts: 439
edited September 2009 in Amateur race
Have just ordered bull horn bars, brakes, bar end shifters and some ITM Crono VIP 3 clip-on aero bars.

BUT..... it has since occured to me that the bar end shifters might not fit the bars. Does anyone have experience of fitting shifters to these bars? Do some clip-ons take bar end shifters whilst others do not?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Whilst nobody seems to be able to answer you... do let us know what happens when yours turn up. Does it all fit? (just interested as I have similarish plans for the winter)
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    They should fit the bars but will stick up at quite an angle.
  • Jaeger
    Jaeger Posts: 439
    The kit arrived this evening, and I've had a quick fiddle in the garage :oops: and it looks like it will take a while to sort out the position; the aero bars can go over or under the base bar, with the armrests on top at 4 different heights and rotate at probably 5deg increments. The extensions slide in/out of the clamps, which can also be put alternate ways round, and are bent to allow the arms to find a comfy position (also poss to swap which ext is on which side for max comfort. Looks like Sunday's a write-off....

Have set the bike up on the Turbo so I can sit on it steadily to try and gauge what works and what doesn't.

You're right about the shifters, John T. They seem to fit, but do point vertically. I am already tempted to trim the final shirt bend of the extensions off, as they seem to be plenty long enough, but with too much angle at the end. Will wait until I've had several practice rides on it first though, so I'm sure I know what I'm doing.

Will post an update to let anyone thinking of trying something similar know how I get on.