Topeak 140 setup

jeannot18
jeannot18 Posts: 720
edited September 2009 in Road beginners
Just received my computer. Do i follow the setup for 700 x 25 wheel to setup the circumference provided in the guide? I recommend a circumference of 2124mm. I probably will have more questions to ask as I go along. Thanks
JC
Pédale ou crève
Specialized Elite Allez with 105
Rockrider 8.1 : )

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Make a mark on your path / patio with the valve at the lowest point.

Roll the bike forward exactly one circumference so that the valve is back at the bottom. Mark the path.

Measure the distance between these points. That's your actual - not probable - circumference.

Rest of it? Follow the leaflet to the letter, esp the bit about lining up the magnet with the lines on the sensors.

Prob worth buying a new battery too. The one that's in won't last long. A new one will. 2½ years so far on mine after 8 months on the original. You'll lose all your settings & data when you change it so best to do it now.
  • Thanks Chris, good tip about the battery. Are you happy with this computer by the way. Got mine on Ebay (brand new) for half the price. I find the installation a bit daunting but I will try to follow them step by step.

JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    It's good. Cadence, avg speed, avg cadence, max speed etc so all the stuff you need from a comp. Downsides if any are the long press needed to reset - button takes a lot of pressure and needs about 3 seconds but if you hold it down much longer it goes into another mode that I ought to read up on but never think to. :) The display isn't ever so visible in the dark, but I've never seen one that is. Might be my old failing eyesight though.

It's good. Set it up properly and it'll work well.
  • All setup, waiting for rain to stop to try it, hopefully this week I will test it during my ride.
    JC
    Pédale ou crève