Newbie with a Giant!

Johnny Chimpo
Johnny Chimpo Posts: 104
edited December 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hi folks,

bit of a newbie posting but have been lurking for some time. Had my Giant terrago for about a year and have just started to change a few bits so thought a would show it off! :lol:

Nothing special compared to alot of the bikes on here but it does me for the odd trip to Glentress and carron valley, plus out on the local trails. Just changing it bit by bit when I have spare cash and will eventually change the frame to something more worthy once funds allow.

So far I have changed the tyres for some Panaracer Fire XC Pro's, binned the nasty suntour shocks and replaced them with some RS Reba Race and last week I replaced the giant mph root 3 brakes for some Avid Elixir CR carbon's. :D

Next thing on the list is some new rims with hope hubs!

sorry pics aint brilliant but were taken on my phone. Hope you like and thanks for looking!

374084248.jpg

374084231.jpg

374084262.jpg

Comments

• some nice upgrades you've made there, i bet there's a big performance gain with the forks an brakes. :D

saddle looks a monster though :shock:

it's good to see performance upgrades and not just for bling. :lol:
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    nice one, some good upgrades there
    i was thinking the same about the saddle :p get an SDG bel air, pretty cheap and comfy
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ujack67
    ujack67 Posts: 25
    edited September 2009
    also isn't the chainstay protector on the wrong side? :? :D
  • ilovedirt
    looks like it, unless he has two
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • cheers guys, yeah noticed a massive difference with the brakes and forks.... cant believe I put up with the others for so long!

I've got two chainstay protectors, kept scraping the disc on the frame when I was taking the wheel off hence why I got another one to protect that side aswell.

Been looking through other peoples pics and notice my saddle is definately on the large side, might have a look tonight and see what I can pick up :wink:
  • ilovedirt
    Been looking through other peoples pics and notice my saddle is definately on the large side, might have a look tonight and see what I can pick up :wink:
    Everyone i ask seems to reccommend the SDG bel air, only £35 too i think.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Aww I was hoping for the BFG or Jolly Green Giant!!:lol:

nice bike though btw :)
  • nice upgrading there !!! :wink::D