My new '09 Zesty 514

timmys
timmys Posts: 191
edited September 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Rather on the spur of the moment I snapped up one of the last '09 Zesty 514's a couple of weeks ago. I had decided months ago that a 514 was going to be my next bike but I hadn't intended to get one for while but I really don't like the looks of the '10 514 so that pushed me over the edge. My only real justification for such a massive spend was the fact that with the slight discount on the '09 and the price increase of the '10 if I had waited a couple of weeks longer to get a 514 then it would have cost me £600 more than I paid.

So on with the pics;

The obligatory "straight out of the box kitchen shots";

zesty7.jpg

zesty6.jpg

With the addition of a Charge Spoon saddle and a KS i900 seatpost (and some more red bling; jockey wheels and bar ends). (Taken at Thetford).

zesty1.jpg

zesty2.jpg

zesty3.jpg

zesty4.jpg

Who says the French can't be funny?

zesty5.jpg

Comments

• Very nice indeed! I'll be interested to hear if you have any reliability issues with your seatpost as I'm thinking of getting one myself.
  • timmys
    edited September 2009
    Airienteer wrote:
    Very nice indeed! I'll be interested to hear if you have any reliability issues with your seatpost as I'm thinking of getting one myself.

I actually had one on my old bike (had to buy a new one though as the seatpost size is different). The old one suffered from the scratched stanchion that seems to happen to quite a lot of them but I doesn't seem to have any effect on the function so I wasn't too bothered. I found the saddle clamp bolt has a tendency to loosen but nothing that some thread-lock wouldn't fix. Other than that it's been fine - very little lateral play and no problems going up or down. I got the original one in June, so it's only really had summer use, I'm slightly worried about the effect of winter mud and grit on it but we'll see.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    nice bike, but i for one actually prefer the '10 version and my dad is willing to partially finance it so im not to bothered about the price increase. btw is that a large??? im kinda between sizes and that looks pretty big
  • timmys
    lawman wrote:
    nice bike, but i for one actually prefer the '10 version and my dad is willing to partially finance it so im not to bothered about the price increase. btw is that a large??? im kinda between sizes and that looks pretty big

Yes it is a large, I'm 6 ft 2". I'm sure we've had this conversation in a previous thread though!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    oh yeah :oops: my bad :lol:
  • That is a stunning ride mate...

Starting again!!!!
  • Really is an awesome bit of kit you have there :) & like your eye for detail.
    Agree with you that the colour scheme with the '10 model is too fussy for my taste.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    got to be one of the best looking bikes around IMO. I think i need some tissue :oops: :shock:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    lovely bike, nice red details as well 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Very tasty indeed...White bikes look gooooood!
  • Lovely ride!!!

White is the way forward....
    Cove Handjob XC
    Giant OCR
  • That's a great looking bit of kit, very nice.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • fantastic looking bike 8)
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    looks the dogs