Amersham Cycling Club

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited September 2009 in Sportives/audaxes/training rides
Is anyone here a member of the Amersham Cycling Club or know of it?

Comments

• Lysander
    Lysander Posts: 349
    Hi,
    Yes I am, for some reason they meet in Gt Missenden instead of Amersham.
  • NWLondoner
    edited September 2009
  • Lysander
    Lysander Posts: 349
    Hi,
    On Saturdays they have a easy ride of about 25-30 miles without a stop. On Sundays they have a three groups one is an easy group and maybe do about 35-40 miles the second is moderate group and will do 40-50 miles and then there is the hard group who will do about 50-60 miles plus and won't wait for people who are finding it hard. All the Sunday runs have a cafe stop.
    I always go with the moderate group which I find fine. From what you have said I don't think you would have too much trouble in the moderate group.
  • NWLondoner
    edited September 2009
  • Lysander, my two boys 7yrs and 9yrs are interested in cycling (both enthusiastically cheered Mr Wiggins away from the start of the national TT yesterday!) and I would like to get them involved with a club from an early age to get competitive experience. I see Amersham CC is a Go-Ride club. From what age do you encourage youngsters?
  • As nobody answers your question...

The Go Ride scheme has not been implemented yet and will probably not be implemented this year in ARCC, as I understand. It's a good idea in principle but there is lack of funding.

We do steady rides on sunday mornings and saturday afternoons, but we don't offer anything for that young age at the moment.
    left the forum March 2023