Practical commuting attire?

Comments

• Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Silly woman , get those clothes off I say :twisted:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • I'd agree but just think of the crashes that would occur from the rubber necking...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Flasheart
    I'm willing to take the risk :D
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
  • I've already bought a neckbrace :)
  • Awwww she's not the sharpest tool in the drawer but she's ever so pretty. Bless.

And cycling in a skirt on a dutch bike is actually completely doable, it just has to fall a bit further below the knee for dignity to be maintained...
  • Awwww she's not the sharpest tool in the drawer but she's ever so pretty. Bless.

And cycling in a skirt on a dutch bike is actually completely doable, it just has to fall a bit further below the knee for dignity to be maintained...

I think I speak for all men on here when I emphatically decry:

"DIGNITY BE DAMNED!"

:D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Love the comment from the bloke who thinks that the dress is bound to get caught up in the wheel. It's not going to. It's not even knee length. And I see the columnist couldn't resist asking where the helmets are, as you really really need to wear a helmet for a photo-op showing off two of the best haircuts around. Some people...
  • :shock: Hot dang!! :P Where do I sign up for a ride on that?! :twisted::roll: And before anyone says it, I don't mean Boris!

Hmm, seeing as I work for Sky I think I really ought to trundle along to this anyway.
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    Well I was doing the ride anyway (can't miss the chance to cycle safely through London with my son), but nothing's going to stop me now :D

Must just remember to keep an eye on my son. Can't see Mrs BW being happy with "He was right here before I started drooling after Kelly..."
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    OMG, hubba, hubba, hubba! Lawks, she's gorgeous. I wish I saw sights like that on my daily commute. :lol:
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • CiB
    Agent57 wrote:
    OMG, hubba, hubba, hubba! Lawks, she's gorgeous. I wish I saw sights like that on my daily commute. :lol:

There's a young lady that I've passed a couple of times if I set off at the right time and go that particular way. Full on face to face she might just be a bit of a munter for all I know, but the ¾ view from over her shoulder as she looked round when I overtook her is errrr.... quite remarkable, as we used to say. Really - quite extraordinarily pretty, nicely dressed (she was wearing a long summer dress & a panama hat first time I noticed her), and not even on a horse.

Commuting by bike eh? What's not to like about it?
  • Awwww she's not the sharpest tool in the drawer but she's ever so pretty.

I remember from her Big Breakfast days when she thought Oxbridge was a university, but she was only 19 so she could be forgiven for that. But otherwise, I agree with that comment in the paper
    Probably the Luckiest BIKE in the world.
  • louboutin should do some spd heels. That'd make them practical...
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Every now and then I see a girl in a dress commuting on a bmx. Always makes me smile :)
  • there was a rather buxom slim lass in a daz white top looking stunning a few weeks back till I realised she was wearing headphones and then rlj'd on embankment...
  • CiB
    Oooh - it's a helmet debate, in the Mail. Wonder where it'll go? Oh - it already has; personal insults, I'm right no I'm right, elfnsafety, and Europe. All in one column. Aaah - bless.

Pass me my Telegraph. Oh sorry - that's become as bad these days.
  • Come on, Helen. It's a bit pathetic to call us Daily Mail Readers 'stupid, narrow-minded and ignorant'

Sorry, should be 'stupid, narrow-minded, bigotted and ignorant'....

She has great hair doesn't she?
  • thelawnet wrote:
    Awwww she's not the sharpest tool in the drawer but she's ever so pretty. Bless.

She has great hair doesn't she?

She really does! And she always looks so happy. I like that about her. Ignorance is bliss, it seems.
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    I think it's just the heels that are the main worry.
    Though maybe they are more likely to stay on than flip-flops.

Last week I was on my morning commute, in a cycle lane in a long que of riders waiting for the lights to change, there were probably about nine of us waiting. Just as they changed, the girl who was at the front started to move off, but then one of her flip-flop sandles came off, which immediately caused a huge pileup!

People really need to think about what they've got on their feet before getting on a bike.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Meh, I don't see what all the huff-fluff is about. Pretty women with good hair is on a bike in heels and a dress.

Doesn't count as a scalp, I don't care.

Lycra-clad amazon, clipped-in, hunched, sprint style on a road bike.. Oh my...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Rich_E wrote:

Now, I cycle in heels quite regularly, even more so now that I've found a pair of toe-clip pedals. I do spend quite a lot of time swearing at them, though. Bl**dy toe-clips.

I've also cycled a lot in flip flops, although I rarely do that now. It gets embarrassing when you lose one.

Heels are fine, they stay on the foot, and if you're using SPDs or flats you can wedge the pedal into the heel and have quite a good join. It's also a hell of a lot more comfortable than walking in the damn things, and just occasionally (like on Monday) men lean out of cars to tell you how great it is that you're cycling in heels. :D
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    I don't see any problem with heels on the bike (esp those). The real problem is that her saddle is set too low. I'd be glad to assist!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    "Ok Kelly, if I put my upturned hands on the saddle before you sit on it, I'll be able to tell how much it needs to be raised by."

"Yes, it does take a while."
  • Rich_E wrote:

Now, I cycle in heels quite regularly, even more so now that I've found a pair of toe-clip pedals. I do spend quite a lot of time swearing at them, though. Bl**dy toe-clips.

I've also cycled a lot in flip flops, although I rarely do that now. It gets embarrassing when you lose one.

Heels are fine, they stay on the foot, and if you're using SPDs or flats you can wedge the pedal into the heel and have quite a good join. It's also a hell of a lot more comfortable than walking in the damn things, and just occasionally (like on Monday) men lean out of cars to tell you how great it is that you're cycling in heels. :D

I've found that Look pedals (old-style PPxxx ones, not Keo) seem to work perfectly OK when riding in non-cycling shoes (usually trainers or DMs in my case), but this might just be 'cause I have big feet so plenty of sole contact area!

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • I must confess to have already happened across that earlier upon reading the 1st link... 8)
  • Flasheart
    Coriander wrote:

Arghhh I scrolled down and saw Lilly Allen. :x
    I'd rather remove my ears with a cheese grater than ever listen to what comes out of her mouth
    FCN3
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Oh yes, completely accidental and unplanned was that generous showing of thigh :lol:

Lol at this comment:
    Well done to Boris,s neighbours,and Islington council,cyclists should not be encouraged,at least till they are registered and taxed and insured,and start to act more like responsible beings.As a group cyclist must be the most law breaking and disrespectful group of people in this country,the police receive more complaints about cyclist riding on the pavement and breaking the laws of the road than they do about almost any other misdemeanor,cycling should in no way be encouraged,and why do they think they deserve special attention,My Farther cycled 14 miles to work and back and he never called himself a cyclist,most cyclists these days are not worthy of the name,its a fashion,get dressed up in all the garb then go stand on a train with your bike and garb.nonsense.
    Faster than a tent.......