Wall art

linsen
linsen Posts: 1,959
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
So, I have moved house and I have a spare wall in my dining room which is crying out to have a bike displayed on it. Anyone know where I can get brackety things to put it on when it is up there which will keep the pedals clear of the wall?
Cheers all, and isn't it a lovely day?

:D
Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Hi Linsen

Lovely day and all that, but I'm more interested in what type of bike will be displayed on said wall. I mean, you can't put up any old bike. Got to be something drool-making: a thing of beauty :D
  • I got mine (the one on the outside of my cottage) from Halfords...
  • linsen
    I just saw a cycloc thingy which looks very modern art (would put up a picture here, but can't be bothered, and besides, I really ought to do some work this school year), but it is very pricey and looks a bit like a bucket.

CW - I shall be displaying Frank. He is indeed a thing of beauty. That is why he can't live in the shed with all the others.....
  • Was the cycloc thing one of those that looks like a bucket?

If not, they're quite cool.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Hang on, let me get this one straight:

1) You're a woman

2). You want to hang your bike on the wall of your dining room.

That's just awesome.

Edit: I have nothing constructive to say except that you are awesome.

My girlfriend doesn't want any bikes in the flat... not that she had a choice but has stopped me at two... My mates wife makes him leave the bike chained outside.. plus only 1hr of x-box a week... unthinkable...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • linsen
    Thank you for your compliments. It is an entirely practical issue - It's not insured!
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Just watch what you ride through before you hang it above the dinner table :wink:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Flasheart wrote:
    Just watch what you ride through before you hang it above the dinner table :wink:

nothing wrong with chocolate sprinkles
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Lins - if you're still looking for something, I still have the one that used to be up in my living room - think you would have seen it when you drove me home after the crash?

Takes two bikes, and is free standing, as it holds up with the weight of the bikes against a wall.

I'm free the weekend after next after next if you want to come over to pick it up
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    My bikes both hang on those 9 quid wall brackets from Halfords. They are far less obtrusive than the bucket brackets, which was a stipulation from Mrs Roastie. Also very easy to install.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    gear-up-qr20093-zoom.jpg

Looks purty, too (well, more so than hooks on the wall, IMO; but tastes will obviously differ). Bit expensive though.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)