Using the mobile when you have an agressive passenger?

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
I found this video on youtube (it was linked to another and I just clciked it as you do out of curiosity). It appears that a coach driver had a problem with an agressive passenger and decided it best to quietly phone the police while on the move and arrange a rondevoooo..

Police turn up and appear to be seen to ignore the passenger and drag the driver off for using the mobi while driving. :? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGKJnwVkPCU

What do you guys and girls think of this? Was this an acceptable reaction by the Police, is there ever a situation where using a mobile whilst driving can be seen as ok? It appears that the passenger threatened to throw the ciggie in the chemical toilet. I dont know if these are flamable tbh.

Comments

• he should have used a hands free!
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    calls to 999 are exempt from the prohibition.
  • he should have used a hands free!

well indeed or (not seen the video) had a malfunctuon with the bus or some other reason to stop the bus?
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    he should have used a hands free!

well indeed or (not seen the video) had a malfunctuon with the bus or some other reason to stop the bus?

A local driver stopped a bus here after some lads kicked off. The cottoned on something wasnt right and took a golf club to him. TBH here, I can see why he kept driving. :? But yeah, ideally handsfree. Hope the police asked passengers if this was the case come to think of it.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    It wouldn't be the first time the plods have made a total c0ck up would it :roll: .

Presumably the record of the driver's phone conversation will absolve him of any wrong doing IF what he claimed was true. I believe in an emergency you can make a call on your mobile whilst driving but this would have to be an emergency 999 call I would have thought otherwise he is as guilty as any other driver who drives and dials.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Now, that is just stupid. People should stop trying to follow rules and just be logical. The world would be a much better place.