My forks are back

Rich25
Rich25 Posts: 231
edited September 2009 in MTB general
After three weeks away at evans my forks finally came back. I've had my pitch pro for nine months and I was suprised to hear the following needed replacing;
compression damper
rebound damper
motion control assembly
o ring
oil

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A lot of that is the same thing though lol.
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Getting my forks back tomorrow - can't wait to get back on the bike, haven't been on it since the Alps (where they broke).
  • Im thinking that RockShox may just replace normal service items when they have to repair a fork. Mine had the lowers replaced under warranty, and when they came back, they had replaced the selas and the air cartridge too.
  • I hate to say it but i've had problems with Evans, I won't be buying another thing from them.

I have to have mine serviced soon as well and I'm told only Evans can serivce a Scott.
    LOL road riding.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Most shops send back to the distributor anyway.
  • it was more the rear shock but thanks, i'll look into it.
    LOL road riding.
  • rock shox and fox always replace the seals as a matter of course when repairing forks/shocks. because they cost very little and you should replace then every so often anyway. three weeks sounds like a long time, fishers' (the uk rock shox distributor) turnaround is normally 4-5 days, even in busy periods. sounds like evans have sacked you off!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My 55s need to go back again :roll:
    This time I'm going to ask if I can just get a bloody coil spring fitted instead of the air.