Cove Stiffee, my own build. Satisfaction guaranteed.....

rottitera02
rottitera02 Posts: 863
edited September 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Here's a few pics of my cove stiffee, the frame is an earlier model, not sure what year, but if any of you know i'd be glad to hear. :)
Have since found out through covebikes that it's a 2001-2003 model :D:D:D

cove1001s.jpg

I still have to upgrade some parts, the brakes and drivetrain, which i pinched from my other bike.

cove1003.jpg
2001 Cove Stiffee FR
Trek liquid 10
Dolan Hercules Carbon

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very nice stifee :lol: like those red pedals too. great build mate
  • Thanks jay12, it feels good when you build your own ride just the way you want it. :D
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    You should change the sticker to a UK one. :wink:
    Looks very decent.

Marzocchi XC600?
  • Xtreem wrote:
    You should change the sticker to a UK one. :wink:
    Looks very decent.

Marzocchi XC600?

yeah xtreme i know the marz gripes but these will have to do until i get the dosh together for a decent fr set.
    Which sticker are you referring to ??
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    No, no, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the XC600 is a bad fork, I was just asking if it was XC600 or XC700. :)

And I was referring to the canadian "Cove" sticker, but didin't realized that Cove was a Canadian brand.
    getmecoat.gif
  • hoathy
    hoathy Posts: 776
    nice bike. very clean!
    - Kona Hot '96 - Marin Rift Zone '09 - Cannondale Synapse Carbon '06 - Kona Caldera '98 - Kona AA '94 - Dawes Kickback II - Cannondale BadBoy '11 - Genesis iOiD SS -
  • Xtreem wrote:
    No, no, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the XC600 is a bad fork, I was just asking if it was XC600 or XC700. :)

And I was referring to the canadian "Cove" sticker, but didin't realized that Cove was a Canadian brand.
    getmecoat.gif

soz xtreem, misunderstanding, it's a 600, quite good for a xc fork, marz have upped their standards(quality control?) and about time to. Even though, i'm not head over heels with marz forks.

see what you mean by the sticker but yes canadian they are. the frame is original easton RAD tubing, very strong and light.
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon