Revitalise an oldie!

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Well i've just dug out my dads oooold Muddyfox Cro-mo Pathfinder :D

Its awesome...has original tyres on it :lol:

He's asked if I want it or he's taking it to the tip, so I think i'm gonna build it up as a pub hack!
Just had a look over the frame and its grotty but unmolested... hardly looks used tbh! I'll get some pics up of it tomorrow...

Anyways, after seeing SS's credit crunch bike I fancy a go at putting this thing bakc on the fireroad!

BB has pretty much gone, and the wheels are a bit.... manky, but all in all it seems alright :D

Fun fun, another one to add to the list hehe.

Comments

• Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Do It, I love putting new life back Into old bike's the difference some time and a little bit of cash can do can be surprising.

Oh and If you want some very good like new rim wheels, I have a set lying In the shed doing nowt, with commuter tyres on :D
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • Sarnian wrote:
    Do It, I love putting new life back Into old bike's the difference some time and a little bit of cash can do can be surprising.

Oh and If you want some very good like new rim wheels, I have a set lying In the shed doing nowt, with commuter tyres on :D

ooo sounds good :D

Any ideas what I can paint it with? I'm not looking for anything decent... just a few casts of black stuff :lol:
  • Sarnian
    I cheat here a little, I have a bloke just down the road from me who will strip the old paint off treat the metal then powder coat It, frame and forks £50

He's paint jobs do vary from job to job but still better then I can do and If you take Into consideration the cost of paint stripper and paint plus the time to do It yourself, I don't think It's to bad paying him.
  • 8) pics please
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Sarnian wrote:
    I cheat here a little, I have a bloke just down the road from me who will strip the old paint off treat the metal then powder coat It, frame and forks £50

He's paint jobs do vary from job to job but still better then I can do and If you take Into consideration the cost of paint stripper and paint plus the time to do It yourself, I don't think It's to bad paying him.

Ahh fair play.. nah think i'm gonna do it myself, proper budget styleeee lol.

Whats the best thing to take cro-mo back to the bare metal then?
    sandpaper + elbow grease?
    Paint stripper?

Need to figure out how to get the BB out though.... not sure what type it is so i'll have a look tomorrow :)

on another plus side, i think i'll take the old wheels apart and practice wheel building :)
  • Sarnian
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Sarnian wrote:

Ahh fair play.. nah think i'm gonna do it myself, proper budget styleeee lol.

Whats the best thing to take cro-mo back to the bare metal then?
    sandpaper + elbow grease?
    Paint stripper?

Need to figure out how to get the BB out though.... not sure what type it is so i'll have a look tomorrow :)

on another plus side, i think i'll take the old wheels apart and practice wheel building :)

That's one thing I have never done but It's next on the bike list, build my own wheels.
  • aye, its the only fesable way of doing it really.... apparently its pretty hard :wink::lol: