Evans Ride it sportive - but where is the route?

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
Anyone been on one of these? I am doing the Yorks one on Saturday (first Sportive I'll have done) but am a bit concerned over the lack of non provisional route info.

The only web page map is provisional (and the profile misses out the biggest climb!) and the confirmed routes are only available as gpx downloads which isn't much use to me as I don't use GPS. I did try downloading a viewer and using the google viewer but neither was capable of reading it (the files is actually an xml rather than gpx though not sure that should be a problem).

Apparently Memory maps will be provided but unless that is a piece of paper, it won't help me either. Evans don't respond to emails!

So, what do I do. Or can anyone help and download the medium road route (link below) and post it as an image? Why do they make a simple thing so hard? I'd appreciate it!

http://evanscyclesrideit.blogspot.com/
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• Hmm a bit late now, I downloaded the medium route GPX file and it was a proper GPX not an xml. Anyway it's easy to see the GPX, just use Bikehike or Mapmyride etc and import the GPX. I'm looking at the route right now in Bikehike, 52.19 miles with 3531ft climbimg.

You actually don't need a GPS unit to view these files it can all be done within one of these online route planners.

Hope you enjoy your ride.

HTH...(for next time) :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Much appreciated Marko. Just managed to do that through toaster - the Evans blog site put up a reference to that. I still can't see the profile but the route comes out OK.

Only snag now is that they've shortened it and much of it is now the same as my recce last week so I'm wondering if I should transfer to the long route which is more than I want to do :?

Shame as the provisional route was rather better.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F, if you want to see the profile using Bike route toaster, tick the 'Add Height Data' checkbox before you hit the 'Upload GPX' button.

I much prefer Bikehike, it's easier to use and you can view both profile and gradient.