Giant TCR Alliance 0 ? Stem raiser

georgiesgirl
georgiesgirl Posts: 51
edited September 2009 in Road beginners
Have had to adjust all of my bikes with stem raisers. :cry:
What stem raiser ideally adjustable if not short horizontal stem would you all recommend?
Want quality for this crem de la crem. Well it will be my best bike. :P

Comments

• guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Hate to say it, but if you need an adjustable stem raiser then you are buying the wrong bike
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Why the sudden need for the raise?... Injury, or poor fitted bikes? :?

Paul
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • cervical disc removed now another one playing up! Have had all my Giants adjusted and has helped tremendously.
  • guilliano
    Have you already bought the bike? If not then try the Defy version.... shorter top tube, taller head tube. If you already have it, or have ordered it, then try something like a Hope stem, 50mm with a 45deg rise.
  • Well I pick it up tomorrow. Tried the TCR Advanced 1 lets just say it was beautiful. Gears are super quick and so light! But budget can't stretch to that. Got it for a good price so I should be happy. All in all i'm quite excited. Don't quite know how long I will live though, depends if my partner sees it in the garage or when its seen.!! :roll: :D
    Thanks for the advice i will start looking for one. CHEERS
  • I cant get as low as I used to and I found fitting a compact bar to my Defy 1 made a huge difference. I used a Planet X which as well as a shallow drop has a very short reach.
    ' From the sharks in the penthouse,
    to the rats in the basement,
    its not that far '
  • i wouldn't mind but i'm only 38.
    Isn't the Defy the new SCR cause if it is it'll be the same as mine.
  • i wouldn't mind but i'm only 38.
    Isn't the Defy the new SCR cause if it is it'll be the same as mine.

I'm not 100% sure, but you can compare the geometry on Giant site. I'm 59, so being old I swapped the stem (100 mm ) for a 90mm and as I said the compact bars made a vast difference to the reach to the hoods without the ' twitchiness' associated with a very short stem.
    its not that far '
  • guilliano
    The Defy is the new version of the SCR.
  • Have you picked it up yet?
    its not that far '
  • Oh Yes and it's gorgeous! My flashest bike yet! Fitted some LOOK keo sprint pedals there very nice and easier to use than Shimano spd sl. Don't want to use the bike in the wet.
    Will have to resort to the SCR or the FCR. What bikes have you got?
  • I have the Defy 1, & Giant Terrago mtn. bike, to be honest I hardly use the mtn. bike now, as I can leave my house and straight away I'm riding in quietish country lanes. Whereas to do the mtn. bike justice I have to bung it in the car and travel a fair way.

Got any pictures?? sadly I haven't as I still cant work out how to do it !!!
    its not that far '