My collection.

scale20
scale20 Posts: 1,300
edited September 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Here are some pics of my collection.

Pace RC 506

I have added a few bits and bobs to this over the past few months. I've gone with a red, blue and white theme. Blue hope pro 2's, blue floating rotors and some blue bits to the levers and calipers. Red Hope stem on some easton monkey lite XC bars. Red hope seat clamp and QR. Oh and red spoke nipples!! I have a new red USE alien seatpost on the way. I've gone with white Peaty grips, white Spank oozy rims and unsure wether to go for a white saddle.

2009_09030006.jpg

2009_09030007.jpg

2009_09030008.jpg

2009_09030009.jpg

2009_09030010.jpg

My '09 Gary fisher Big Sur HT

This is a lovely bike to ride, climbs a treat and handles the rough stuff pretty well. I've not changed much on it since getting it. Swapped the flat bars for carbon risers, there was no QR seat clamp so fitted one and changed the deore chainset for an SLX. Cue the slagging for the bar ends on risers :lol::lol:

2009_09030002.jpg

2009_09030003.jpg

My newest addition 2 days old!

Trek 7.7FX hybrid.

Having a nipper its hard to get out on the MTB for a quick spin so this is for those days when you have an hour to get a quick lung blaster in. I had a road bike but couldn't get on with the riding position. I've been out on 1 ride on this but i have to have a serious adjust to the bars and stem, it was too much of a sit up position.

2009_09030004.jpg

2009_09030005.jpg

Why is it bikes look so much out of porportion in Photos? :?
Niner Air 9 Rigid
Whyte 129S 29er.

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Sweet! that pace is gorgeous! cool forks too, DT swiss and pace are the same company aren't they?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • scale20
    Thanks, I'm not sure about the ins and outs with DT and Pace. I know that pace don't make their own forks now.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • what rims are on that pace? they're sweet
  • scale20
    The rims are Spank oozy's on blue pro 2 hubs.

I looked at getting the spank subrosa rims in white but they were too thick set and a lot heavier. The oozy's are new out. Lovely rims and a lot stiffer than my old DT 5.1's.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very nice collection you have there. personal favourite is the pace because it looks really nice then the gary fisher because it must be so light and you have a good spec and then the trek because i don't really like hybrids but it must be good for a quick spin
  • scale20
    Cheers jay12. The Gary does go well, its brilliant on the trails but I've had to put the original bonty tyres back on and they are pants. Still it does me a tidy 1 hour 30 around the Marin Trail!

I bought the hybrid after having a road bike that I couldn't get on with, the riding position crippled me. The road bike was good for fast lung bustin rides so I went for the hybrid with a more user friendly position.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Rocking the blue and red bling - I like your style! They're some awsome wheels you have there!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • :D Conti inner tubes. I love the yellow dust caps!

Really like that Fisher mate, it looks sweet!
  • scale20
    When buying the fisher it was a toss up between that and a trek 8500. The trek was about £400 dearer but the fisher was a much nicer looking bike. I've not seen as many Fishers on the trails so a bit of individuality won the day. :D

Hope to pick up the Red USE Alien seatpost for the Pace today. Will post a pic if it turns up! 8)
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.