What have you achieved?

love2ride
love2ride Posts: 224
edited January 2010 in Amateur race
With it basically the end of the TT season, what has every one achieved? Also, what are your goals for next year.
At the end of last season my pb for 10 miles was 26:43. This year on the same course I have done a 24:14, no change in equipment. I have also done a 23:02 on a different course. Next year I am going for in the 23s for the first course and sub 22:30 for the last. I also hope to take part in more road races and Triathlons.

Comments

• Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    This year my best TT was 25:01 on a sporting course.Next year i hope to be nearer to 23 for a 10.Oh yeh & beat my mate!As we're very competitive.
    But my 1st aim next year is to do 100miles under 4:45.Then maybe see how many miles i can do in 12hrs.But whatever i do i'll enjoy trying to achieve my goals that for sure :lol:
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Club handicap champion 2009 :wink:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    a_n_t wrote:

Ditto.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    NapoleonD wrote:
    a_n_t wrote:

Ditto.

:shock: :lol:

no, really http://www.manchesterwheelers.co.uk/news/20/detail.htm
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anonymous
    Aaah, I was thinking next year's target... I'm still thinking it's 2008!

I will hopefully be Macc Wheeler's 2010 Handicap Champ.

I remember reading that, congrats.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Started riding this year to get fit.

Did a single 10m TT at 25:55 (standard road bike and poor position).

I'm aiming for a sub-24 next year (same road bike, but now with aero bars).

Note to self: must not become obsessed with kit, must not become obsessed with kit, must not.......
  • Well this season i did a 23.15 on a reasonable course but by no means quick (bungay b10/44) on my road bike with no aerobars or anything of the sort and im 14 so im pretty happy with that!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    edited October 2009
    Josh, is that the one that turns at the Clays roundabout?...
    If so, I was marshalling on that!
    Well done... :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    I won a £5 prime at the local track league and.........................er, that's it. A very disappointing season for me. Dropped more times than the proverbial hot potato. :x

2010 will be so different :roll:
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I have won our club novice TT championship, and most likely the fastest 25m TT for a novice as well (one more 25m TT to go, so although unlikely for another novice to beat my time, it is still possible).

I won a middle markers 10m TT earlier in the year as well.

Fastest times are.

21:02 10m TT
    55:22 25m TT
    2:00:32 50m TT (hoping to beat this in a couple of weekends)
    4:12:57 100m TT
    245.5 mile for a 12hr TT

All those times are on a TT bike, not too bad for my first TT season. :D

Will have to set some pretty hard targets for next year.
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    TT highlight was setting club record for 100, being first under 4 hours (3:54).

Other highlights were trying road racing and getting enough Jan/Feb points to do some cat E123 events early season (great fun but scary) and gold/ top 200 in the Etape.

Final ride Sunday in Welsh 12 which hope will lead to getting a CTT BAR certificate and round off season nicely.
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I haven't achieved much in comparison with you guys.... but I did my first TTs this season and enjoyed them, steadily improving. Slow in comparison but in my head I ride on the hilliest bumpiest 10 course going (I live in Bedfordshire, so it isn't stupidly hilly, but smooth roads they are not!).

I managed to finish 20 mins fast over a 57 mile triathlon leg than someone who beats me every week at the evening league too (we have a friendly rivalry).

And I've learnt a lot.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    First go at TTing in over 30 years so I was pretty pleased with a 26'25" last week, aiming for a sub 25 next season.
  • as my pbs stand a have done
    11:02 for a 5 last years pb was 11:45 i think
    22:18 for a 10 last years pb was 23:23
    55:42 for a 25 last years pb was 57:50
    all pretty big improvements and i think there is more to come, want to get a sub 11 for a 5 and do a 54 something for a 25 this season got one more 25 to do it and 3 more 5s.
    Courses are not super fast, last years junior 10 champ normally does mid 21s and he did a sub 20 to win the 10. and has done a low 51 25 in wales and his best 25 time on this course is 53:05
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    A new PB for a 10, 23:35 and under the hour again at 59:21 for a 25. Never got decent conditions to beat my 25 pb as it was windy whenever I went near a fast course.

Didn't achieve any of my power targets, got close to 300W for a 10, but for a 25 it still seems impossibly far away and I just don't know if I've got it in me however hard I train. I'll never know til I try though, so onward and upward for 2010 :wink:

Neil
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • bahzob wrote:
    TT highlight was setting club record for 100, being first under 4 hours (3:54).

Well done. Not too many people can say that they've got under 4 hours for a 100. One of my two unfulfilled ambitions in cycling (the other is a 20 minute 10) but unlikely now (and pure fantasy if I only ride the Cheshire 100 course).
  • 2nd in u16's at local track league, pretty chuffed with that. considering i was getting dropped from the same races last year.

some 2nds and 3rds in circuit races, won a senior race at the track league...

got a few points on my licence, recon i can get a dispensation next year :wink: :?

fairly happy with all that. But going to train seriously this winter :roll:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ~~I will hopefully be Macc Wheeler's 2010 Handicap Champ.

Surely I will be the club handicaped champion next year. :lol:

Started off this year doing 27 minute TT's and ended up with a 23:13 on the same course. But DID get myself a TT bike during that period. Would like to crack 22 mins on the same course.

Overall - would like to take at least a minute off my best times from this year on any course I've ridden without investing in any more equipment! Very doable.

Any stay with the bunch longer on all road races next year!
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    ive got 2 mins off my 10 pb this year to 23.17 and 8mins off my 25 pB with 1.00.03 :( just missed the hour
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Did (& finished) a 50 last Sunday. Met my target (1:15) for a 25 with a 1:11:35. Though I didn't improve on my best 10 time from last year (I was on holiday the evening most of the club did their best times of the year).
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • Hereford Wheelers Handicap 2009 Winner (prefer to think as 'Most Improved Rider')

Started the season on a £80 second hand bike with mechanical problems 1st race doing 36mins, finished the season on a £1400 Scott CR1 doing 27mins for the 10mile TT series.

Captained 'Keep It Wheel' in the 1st Ride24 at the Top Gear test track raising money for Action Medical Research and came 3rd overall covering a distance of 493.5 miles in 24 hours with a team of 4 riders.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Couple of wins in some lower category races.
    Several top 5's.
    Gold in loads of sportives which I was chuffed with.

Finished consistently in the top 15 in pretty much all of my races this year.

Next year i want to win some proper road races, and do some actual TT training to get my PB from about 27 mins down to a half decent sub 24/23.

I dream of becoming a cat 2 and entering just 1 premier calender event....
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • I did a couple of seasons (1989 & 1990) back when I was about 16 and had PBs of 27.15 and 1:12.57.

After a very long gap (and with many years spent not cycling at all) I bought a road bike in December and started racing again this year. My goals were to try to beat those PBs from way back and to try to finish a road race without getting dropped.

I've got my 'ten' time down to 24.24 and my '25' down to 1:07.07. I've won a couple of handicap prizes. I managed 7th place (out of about 20) in a Go-Race at Hog Hill, but got dropped in all my other attempts. I'm more than happy with those results.
  • I decided to break my season up from a usual diet of just road races and end of season hillclimbs and did some 10's and 25's as well.

10 - took my pb down to 21'12. Aiming for 20'30 next season. Pb before this season was 23'45. Idealy want to join the 19 minute men before I hang up the wheels. Not sure how close I can get.

25 - had never ridden one before this season - wanted to break the hour, broke hour 3 times out of 5 rides (one broken spoke ruined one of them, other was a spoco). PB stands at 56'26. Want short 55/long 54 next season.

Hill climbs - over the last 4 years I have had a raft of 2nd and 3rd places in opens. Wanted to win an open this season. Have won the first 2 open HC's in the north east.

so pretty good on the timed events:-

Not done much with my road racing to be honest though. In fact don't think I got a BC point this season! Best placing was 11th back in May. :oops: Good number of top 10's in TLI RR's though.
  • Anonymous
    Impressive stuff there!

What cat BC are you?
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Impressive stuff there!

What cat BC are you?

Me? I'm a 3rd cat road man. Maybe I should look to move up, in the NE division we get a lot of people 'stopping racing' when they get on the cusp of leaving 2nd cat though owing to the travel that being 1st requires. I know you can't really compare the regions, but I do think we have an awful lot of 2nds who's be E/1 in the south east corner. (stands well back from the lit touch paper). i've been racing for 5 seasons on the road.

As much as it pains me as a roadie, I think I am better suited to testing (looking at my results) and will probably focus properly on testing next season, making the road my second priority. I am 38 though and looking forward to Vet status!
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    edited September 2009
    celbianchi wrote:
    As much as it pains me as a roadie, I think I am better suited to testing (looking at my results) and will probably focus properly on testing next season, making the road my second priority. I am 38 though and looking forward to Vet status!
    I'm 38 and still getting faster ;-) TTing is as much about getting aero as it is about the engine. Get both right and you'll fly.

This year (among other things) I took my 10 time down from 20'46 to 19'50 on the same course for just a smidgin more power (then to 19'45 on another course, but that's not as comparable). The main difference was improving my position thanks to a new bike. And I thought I was pretty aero in 2008.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Are you doing Carlton Bank again this year Cel? I'm going to put an entry in for it but have managed to catch every vomiting/diarrhea based bug that's going around in the last 3 weeks, so feeling weak, unfit and flabby at the moment!
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Are you doing Carlton Bank again this year Cel? I'm going to put an entry in for it but have managed to catch every vomiting/diarrhea based bug that's going around in the last 3 weeks, so feeling weak, unfit and flabby at the moment!

Yes, I'll be torturing myself on Carlton again. i reckon out of all the HC's I have raced, Carlton is the worst, it's just evil.
    I won't be doing the Otley 2 stage the day before this year I don't reckon.

Hope to see you there assuming you clear the illness.
  • amck111
    amck111 Posts: 189
    Well I did my first ever 10 mile TT tonight, 27.35. Absolutely hated every mile after the first mile, but can’t wait to do another one. The road was by no means flat, I wasn’t last, and I did it on a road bike with no aero bars so was rather please about that. Hoping to smash my PB next year.

My main goal this year was to run a marathon, just one of those things I wanted to do. So I did, in Belfast, sub 3 hour. I no long wish to run a marathon or anything like it. Also ran a 10k race @ 38.45. Next year will be a year for cycling !