Speeding lunatic recieves praise from fellow drivers?

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited September 2009 in Campaign
Here in the Netherlands a man was stopped by police yesterday he was clocked at 259Km/h or151Mph. The speed limit for that road is 100Km/h or62Mph. Thats a hell of a speed to drive at.I cycle on the cycle path that runs parallel to that road and that is really dangerous on such a busy road, it,s only one lane so no room for error. Anyway, there are a number of reactions from people on the websites round here and about 80% of the people actually applaud this driver with many saying he must be a really good driver, and good luck to him. While others also say he must have a very fast car a pleasure to drive. I cannot believe the mentality of this driver he must have a death wish. His license has been removed but being the Netherlands he will have it back in weeks. No jail time, but a ban of some sort looks on the cards.
Ademort :? :(
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I think Europe is becoming sick with this tbh. For a long time Europe has been quite tolerant to us (possibly with the exception of the UK) but it seems its changed the last few years. Look at the french vid on youtube (Angles des Morts I think its called) even they're getting hit by this motor-moron type and this is the home of the TDF!

Until uniform and effective punishment is dealt out to the bad drivers they will continue to attract and encourage others. Its a breeding ground of negatively reinforced behaviour out there.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    ademort wrote:
    Here in the Netherlands a man was stopped by police yesterday he was clocked at 259Km/h or151Mph. The speed limit for that road is 100Km/h or62Mph. Thats a hell of a speed to drive at.I cycle on the cycle path that runs parallel to that road and that is really dangerous on such a busy road, it,s only one lane so no room for error. Anyway, there are a number of reactions from people on the websites round here and about 80% of the people actually applaud this driver with many saying he must be a really good driver, and good luck to him. While others also say he must have a very fast car a pleasure to drive. I cannot believe the mentality of this driver he must have a death wish. His license has been removed but being the Netherlands he will have it back in weeks. No jail time, but a ban of some sort looks on the cards.
    It,s gone from local news to national news. Today it was announced that the man in question is English and working on contract in the Netherlands. As he is not Dutch the courts must return his driving license,also he cannot be banned but the police have said he will get a fine of about €500 thats about475Quid i think. If you ask me he is one lucky TW@T Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    ademort wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    It,s gone from local news to national news. Today it was announced that the man in question is English and working on contract in the Netherlands. As he is not Dutch the courts must return his driving license,also he cannot be banned but the police have said he will get a fine of about €500 thats about475Quid i think. If you ask me he is one lucky TW@T Ademort

You're telling me! One lucky man.

But seriously, anyone can drive fast. In the words of Bruce Lee on skills: "..anyone can break sticks, boards don't hit back!" (I'm half asleep, it makes sense to me :lol: )