Getting a push on course. Is it cheating? Depends on who you

Chucky212
Chucky212 Posts: 73
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Is is okay to push riders while they are racing? I thought it was straight up wrong. But these racers think differently

http://www.superhumanmag.com/content/view/1586/48/

Comments

• Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    Looked like the guy just wanted to a cop a feel on the ladies he'd taken a fancy to.
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Its cheating. If someone pushed me, I'd tell them to piss off. Maybe some of the racers don't mind because it wasn't really a huge push, but if you let that go, then where do you stop? When the guy pushes them right the way round the course?
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Skonk wrote:
    Looked like the guy just wanted to a cop a feel on the ladies he'd taken a fancy to.

Yeah "I was pushing them to help them, officer." :roll:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Chucky212 wrote:
    Is is okay to push riders while they are racing? I thought it was straight up wrong. But these racers think differently

http://www.superhumanmag.com/content/view/1586/48/

Not sure of the rules but outside assistance usually isn't allowed.

If it's a team-mate (or even another non-team rider) on course with you at the same time it may be different.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Course it's ****ing cheating... I was going to say it doesn't look like a huge assist but when you look at the closeness of the times it didn't need to be to potentially make a difference. But, if they genuinely didn't collaborate with the guy you have to ask how you could punish them without being unreasonable, you can't say for sure that it changed the outcome.

Not impressed with the riders who'd got assists defending it, especially with the rules guys coming out strongly against it. But likewise, not impressed with Big Hat Woman- "Yes, it's against the rules. No, we're not doing anything "We don't want anybody to break the rules... II think we did well".
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:
    Course it's ****ing cheating... I was going to say it doesn't look like a huge assist but when you look at the closeness of the times it didn't need to be to potentially make a difference. But, if they genuinely didn't collaborate with the guy you have to ask how you could punish them without being unreasonable, you can't say for sure that it changed the outcome.

Not impressed with the riders who'd got assists defending it, especially with the rules guys coming out strongly against it. But likewise, not impressed with Big Hat Woman- "Yes, it's against the rules. No, we're not doing anything "We don't want anybody to break the rules... II think we did well".

Agreed!

Furthermore, if the officials let the racers decide the outcome, then what do we need officials for?
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    But, if they genuinely didn't collaborate with the guy you have to ask how you could punish them without being unreasonable, you can't say for sure that it changed the outcome.

Bit of a coincedence that he had a yeti cap on, and the only riders he pushed were riding for Yeti too. :)
  • grumsta wrote:
    But, if they genuinely didn't collaborate with the guy you have to ask how you could punish them without being unreasonable, you can't say for sure that it changed the outcome.

Bit of a coincedence that he had a yeti cap on, and the only riders he pushed were riding for Yeti too. :)

So he is more than just an overzealous fan?
  • Northwind
    grumsta wrote:

Maybe he's just a fanboy?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    Chucky212 wrote:
    grumsta wrote:

So he is more than just an overzealous fan?

Yer you could say that:
    - The gentleman seen pushing at the top of the climb into the downhill singletrack is Seth "Bubba" Ramsbottom, who works for Yeti in international sales and sponsorship.
    - Ramsbottom was asked to stop his pushing more than once by spectators. Some attempted to be friendly and said, "if you push one, you gotta push them all" Ramsbottom's response was "I only push people I know."

- Ramsbottom also races short track in the Mens Cat 2/3 30-39 division for team COMotion Sports / Yeti and Super D in the Mens 30+ division, also on the COMotion Sports / Yeti team
  • Northwind
    Hah. In that case, that tells you how you punish the cheats- you ban him.
    Uncompromising extremist