Bleep Test training

aclarkson71
aclarkson71 Posts: 47
edited September 2009 in Health, fitness & training
My work will provide me with a mountain bike to enable me to do my job. The only proviso is that I must be able to pass the bleep fitness test to level eight. Do you have any pointers that might help other than keep on running. I do have dodgy knees through an injury in the army so I have to be a bit careful what I do.

Comments

• Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Alternate legs as you turn and practice it.

If you need I have it as an MP3 file somewhere - I can probably email it to you.
  • Thanks mate. I hadn't thought of turning in different directions at the end of each leg. I've got the test downloaded on mp3.
  • fyldesmurf
    fyldesmurf Posts: 412
    Yeh its a bit of a bugger. Try and turn exactly on the beep, getting there early and having to start again just makes you more tired
  • to be honest you chould be fine!! i have done my whole senior school life and before i began to get fit you can get to 6 or 7 so 8 should be fine :lol: plus the incentive of a bike should push you over the line!!!! 8)
    Genesis Core 20
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    Can you not claim that your knee problems stop you doing a bleep test (ie running) but say its fine on a bike! :D
  • I could do an alternate test - but it would cost £150 at the local sports science dept at the Uni. Thed powers that be are reluctant to pay this - understandibly.