what headset for a giant

ellsbells1973
ellsbells1973 Posts: 537
edited September 2009 in MTB buying advice
i have a dilema as to what type of headset my 2009 giant yukon uses, i am in the final stages of a complete rebuild and now pondering what type headset i need, there is no info on giants website or anywhere on google,i am guessing at an integrated headset, it isnt something i have come across before as all my other bikes had the standard 1/8 and would just like someone to clarify this before i go and throw my money on one that doesnt fit

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have you looked in the FAQ's? or Parktools?

all the info you need is there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12600768

For reference,my Giant XTC,and other Giants use an internal headset (or zero stack)
    Cheap replacement:http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=27947
    Or Fsa and Cane creek do other ZS options.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Just to ask - do, for example, xtc frames only take internal headsets?
  • Just to ask - do, for example, xtc frames only take internal headsets?

Al the ones I have seen do,but I think you may be able to get an adaptor to let you run a conventional headset.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
  • 2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    i have a dilema as to what type of headset my 2009 giant yukon uses, i am in the final stages of a complete rebuild and now pondering what type headset i need, there is no info on giants website or anywhere on google,i am guessing at an integrated headset, it isnt something i have come across before as all my other bikes had the standard 1/8 and would just like someone to clarify this before i go and throw my money on one that doesnt fit

Most recent Giants use a semi-integrated - I replaced the one one on my VT recently with one of THESE or of course if you're feeling a bit flush you could try one of THESE
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • dave_hill wrote:

Most recent Giants use a semi-integrated - I replaced the one one on my VT recently with one of THESE or of course if you're feeling a bit flush you could try one of THESE

cheers, i did look at the hope and the fsa, but wasnt 100% sure if these were the right ones, but now i know
    thanks