Which fixed bike?

deejay.
deejay. Posts: 665
edited September 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Planning to buy a fixed wheel bike, as opposed to making one up. Could spend about £600 ish. Could the experts among you please make recommendations? It is for winter training on country roads.

Cheers,

Deej
He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil...

Comments

• Kenisis decade, Ive just purchased one, and I'm very pleased with it.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • System_1
    System_1 Posts: 513
    I've always fancied a Pearson Hanzo for countryside mile munching. With £600 you could get upgraded wheels and mudguards too.
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Felt TK3 and get a front brake.

felt-tk3-zoom.jpg
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    For that money you could get a fully equipped Pompino - ideal for what you want. Mine does a regular commute (26 miles this am)
    M.Rushton
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Specialized Tricross single + upgrade wheels and brakes would give you a great winter bike. For winter on dirty country roads I'd definitely want something that can take full mudguards so I'd be looking at the Tricross, Pompino or Pearson Hanzo.
    More problems but still living....
  • Specialized are not doing the Tricross single for 2010. I went for the Langster. Well pleased
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    I bought a Pearson Hanzo earlier this year and have been pleased with it. Used it so far for commuting duties but plan to employ it for winter training when the summer bike goes away. Would not hesitate to recommend it.
  • Ridgeback Solo? Comes fitted with guards:

mf8996_solo.jpg

You might find a discounted 09 model. I'm sure I saw one somewhere for £400.

Matthew
  • deejay.
    deejay. Posts: 665
    I think the Hanzo may have it. I just spoke with Pearson and they say no overlap, which is good for me, as my bike handling is not the best (I imagine it's going to improve radically very soon... :D )

Thanks for all your suggestions. If the roads around here were better, I'd have gone for the Felt in a heartbeat...
    He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil...