What frame size?

srone
srone Posts: 16
edited August 2009 in Road buying advice
I want to buy a bike but am new to road biking. How do I make sure that I get the correct frame size?What should I look out for and how do I tell what is a good fit?

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    You get yourself measured properly by someone who knows what they're doing, not some computer online job.

It will cost you a little bit for a fitting; but you should look upon it as an investment.
  • srone
    Thanks.

Does anyone know a good place in the northwest for a fitting?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    probably Paul Hewitt in Leyland - not used him myself (although I was there on saturday - he did me a good price on a new chain!) but it will some up in this thread as someone who can help with fitting.
  • srone
    Cheers.

I've been looking at a Trek Madone 4.5 T and a Cannondale Synapse carbon 105 T. Anyone have any views or altenatives?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    Hewitt stock some interesting branda - Kuota being one - I love the Karma model and this would probably come to a similar cost as the madone.

also - if you are on cumbria . lancs border then Wheelbase at stavely (nr kendal) are worth a look - they stock Willier - the mortirolo and (possbly) Izoard would be within that sort of cost and are well sweet - they also do canondale and I trek so a good choice for you there - a helpful shop too.
  • srone
    Thanks. I'll give them both a go. Anyone know of any cycling clubs in or around west cumbria?