Polar CS200cad

zedders
zedders Posts: 509
edited September 2009 in Workshop
Got a Polar CS200cad cycle computer to other day.

It's all working fine and no probs there. But I am trying to download the data using Polars website. I've registered and downloaded the weblink thingy. Am logged on and following the instructions. Then when I try to download it won't work after hiting connect. I'm holding the unit next to the microphone after connection and its picking up 2 or 3 bars of signal but it always fails to download the file?

Am normally OK working computer stuff out but this has beat me hands down. I'm getting right racked off. Anyone got any advice tips?
"I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/

Comments

• johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    I found the pc connection can be very temperamental, not to say downright frustrating, such as getting to 99% transferred, then "Error in connection" comes up. If you are getting 2-3 bars that should be ok, (presumably you had a play with the microphone sensitivity?) The biggest thing for me was to make sure that the pc speakers are muted - presumably there's a subtle feedback thing going on which buggers up the connection. Hope that helps
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • burginn
    burginn Posts: 7
    I also found mine doesn't work if there's any background noise (laptop fan, TV, missus on the phone sat next to me). If there's no background noise I get 3 bars and I'd guestimate that it transfers first time about 50% of the time.

Don't know if you've got more than one file to transfer but sometimes it's less frustrating to just transfer one file at a time rather than all of them at once - at least you're not waiting so long before it says it failed!!
  • I agree that background noise doesn't help. I now use a set of headphones (the large over the ear type) to transfer data. If I'm uploading to the site I plug them into the mic connection and hold the unit between the two earpieces. Works a treat. If you want to download to the unit just change the headphones into the headphone socket
  • zedders
    zedders Posts: 509
    Cheers Gents.

I managed to mess around with the microphone settings and jobs a good un. (for now)
    "I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/
  • Some stuff about this on the Polar forum - I ended up having to use an external microphone rather than the internal one on the laptop. That cured my problem and has worked fine since.

I can't remember the number of bars, but I needed 3/4 of the bars highlighted for it to work