Tricross Mudguards

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited August 2009 in Commuting chat
Been getting on well with the Tricross over the last few weeks. Got a rack and panniers for touring and they fit well. Changed the pedals, got new lights and have toe'd in the front brakes to eliminate the fork judder. All in all going well.

However last week I bought some mudguards from Wiggle - 45mm SKS Chromoplastic. So, on Saturday as it was raining (yet again!) decided to fit them. Bit fiddly, but got there with the front one. However, have a problem with the rear one, as the stays are not long enough to reach the holes on the frame and give tyre clearance.

Anyone had similar problem, and any solution out there?
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    This is strange and inexplicable, it should fit 700 tyres of 28-37mm. I have used P35's and have always needed to cut the rear stays down about 2cm on 25mm tyres.
  • Wallace1492
    Beware the fool!! Me, that is....

Gave it another go and found that you can lengthen the stays enough to fit, but only just.
    Not a lot of clearance at the back, but seems solid enough so will have to wait and see.
    Obvioulsy will not have to wait long for wet weather testing, but as have a dose of something nasty at the moment, cycling this week may be off the agenda, well to be honest, work may be off the agenda too.....
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Glad you got it to fit - once fitted correctly they stay put and are very robust.

Sorry about your nasty dose, get yourself down to your GUM clinic asap!
  • Wallace1492
    alfablue wrote:
    Sorry about your nasty dose, get yourself down to your GUM clinic asap!

Jesus!! Not that sort of dose.... might be a touch of the swine flu, or just a bad summer cold. Whatever, its knocking me for 6, can hardly speak, all chest infectioned up.

Playing havoc with my training regime, had to cancel tonights badminton, and probably tomorrow's circuit's as well as no cycling.