Flat road trance

pjh
pjh Posts: 204
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
I was out yesterday on my usual 25 mile loop. Right in the middle there's a 4 mile flat section. Anyhow yesterday there I was in one of those trance like states you get sometimes and I glanced down at the computer to see I was traveling at 27mph and my HR was sat at a comfy 150 .... it felt perfect, I felt perfect ... total harmony man & machine :D that's how it felt to me anyway :oops:

I'd covered the 4 miles almost without being aware of it - which was great but slightly disconcerting at the same time.

Anyone else have moments like that or is it just me?

It's great to be .....

Comments

• careful
    careful Posts: 720
    Yes, though rarely at 27 mph. On the other hand I have often had rides where I feel like I've done 5 miles and have only done 1 or 2.
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    Yes the 27mph surprised me too!

The wind was behind me a bit so it put an extra 3 mph on my usual speed on that stretch :D

It's great to be .....
  • skinson
    skinson Posts: 362
    I've had 27mph and a little more coming back down from the pier on the coast road in southport, but you do have a 20mph tailwind to help....It's a bugger heading into it though! lucky to average 15mph.

Dave
  • Yes, there is a section on my Wakefield to Otely run thats like this, dont know why, its flat but feels like im not putting any effort in, and could carry on at 25mph forever!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Those are the type of roads where the best TT times are set...