Get my bike tomorrow!

Aspman77
Aspman77 Posts: 92
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
Yay I finally get to pick up my new Specialized Secteur Sport tomorrow. The bike shop 'accidentally' sold the showroom bike that I was promised was going in the warehouse so I've had to wait an extra week.

First time with clipless pedals so I'm taking bets on the number of falls this weekend.

Comments

• Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Good luck with the pedals!

After the first month or so without problems, I had my first pedal-related fall last weekend (bike/dog/gate/post interface - luckily low speed and only dented pride!).

You should probably be alright at first because you'll be so aware of being clipped in. Beware once you think you're used to them!
  • skinson
    skinson Posts: 362
    Cool 8) Hope you enjoy it. Pity there isn't to much of the summer left :( Still you should get some days throughout autumn. As for the pedals, it took me a bout 10 mins to see the benefits they give over standard pedals. I haven't fallen off completely yet! but I have had one or two very nearly's
    Dave
  • love that feeling of a brand new bike arriving. Congrats. Prolly even more exciting for you considering the extra week wait. tear it up before autumn hits!
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    great stuff....!...enjoy the first ride....i love my spesh
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Yeah enjoy.

My tip would be to unclip your left foot first. That way you are less likely to fall in front of oncoming traffic.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...