gt idrive 7

ramemtbers
ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
edited September 2009 in Your mountain bikes
yey my gt lives again almost. every thing but the headset works like magic. thats after my quite nasty crash :lol:

bikepics001.jpg
bikepics002.jpg
bikepics003.jpg
bikepics004.jpg

i hope to put an 8 inch disc on the front quite soon and upgrade the shock.

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Very nice :D , interesting background :lol:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • ramemtbers
    thanks. i am thinking about buyin a set of hope pro 2 wheels for it. and i have just got my new tires and grips today. and tested them out at cam woods.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    never seen one of those before
  • ramemtbers
    no they were only produced in 07 and stopped being produced in early 08. the bike is basically custom built as i snapped the old fork and practically wrote off the bike. :oops:
    its really nice ride though.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Nice bike! Very industrial looking!

They first appeared in late 2005 for the 2006 season.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    nice bike, you don't see many of them around, shame because they seem pretty good.
    Any pics of the bike before you fixed it up?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    ilovedirt wrote:
    nice bike, you don't see many of them around, shame because they seem pretty good.
    Any pics of the bike before you fixed it up?

there is somwere on the forum some pics of him stacking it with a video cant remember were it is. lmfao i think if ya click the link in his sig it will take ya to his web site with the vid of him doing it mate
  • ramemtbers
    yeah there is a vid and here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-3Ss7Mx8dg

however i dont own any origanal pics of my actual bike but here is the pic from the brochure and that bike was identical to mine.

gt-ruckus-i-drive-7-30-399-75.jpg

i found this pic on google and it was linked back to the bike radar forum any ways.
  • Watching the video, it is of some comfort to know that the fork broke before the frame!

Interesting bike though - I've never seen anything like it! Glad to hear you're back up and running.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    oh shit! that's a nasty crash! Glad to see you're back and riding again though!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Nice bike, its not one I would call good looking as such but its certainly very interesting to look at, looks like it'll take some abuse? :D
  • ramemtbers
    Nice bike, its not one I would call good looking as such but its certainly very interesting to look at, looks like it'll take some abuse?

to be honest i am not that bothered about looks. ( to a degree ) as long as it works and can stand up to abuse for example yesterdays 18 ft jump over a 15 ft gap. (over jumped slightly sort of) any way i quite like it and it doesnt look toooo bad in my opinion. :)
  • ramemtbers wrote:
    Nice bike, its not one I would call good looking as such but its certainly very interesting to look at, looks like it'll take some abuse?

to be honest i am not that bothered about looks. ( to a degree ) as long as it works and can stand up to abuse for example yesterdays 18 ft jump over a 15 ft gap. (over jumped slightly sort of) any way i quite like it and it doesnt look toooo bad in my opinion. :)

Cool, I didnt mean that its ugly or anything, I should have been a bit clearer, sorry :oops: What I meant is that some bikes can be seen as 'pretty' bikes, like some of the top end Treks for example but your bike is more than that, its interesting to look at and around, & I agree, looks arent everything, its more about how they ride, so all in all what I meant was that I do like your bike, hee hee :D
  • ramemtbers
    dont worry i know what you meant i just bascially buy bikes that are strong it is the princible for the components. i end up breking bikes quite a bit with the extreme riding :lol:
  • saltyman
    saltyman Posts: 472
    8) awesome looking bike.

nice crash you had there too........bike dropped like a stone and snap!
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • ramemtbers
    yeah the stupid thing was i didnt want to do that last jump cause my mates were supposed to film the run before but they mised it. so they said try it for a 6th time and i didnt want to do it but then i did and bam,
    i snappedid my fork.
    oh well my bikes back now.
    i am now going to log off and go out on it.
  • Zeroman_IR
    Zeroman_IR Posts: 290
    That's a pretty tough looking bike. Pretty cool looking in an industrial sort of way.
  • ramemtbers
    yeah the frame has sooo many gussets on it. that gives it a really unique style for a bike
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    is the frame ok with that fork and how much travek has it got on the front end
  • ramemtbers
    yep the frame is fine and the geometry is to. the fork has 170mm of travel. this is exactly the same amount of travel as the idrive 7 rucas 2.0:

look see:

51THwYjbubL__200620GT20Ruckus20i-Dr.jpg

however chris smith used to ride one and he had rock shox boXXer on the front the have 203mm travel (8")

in my opion the longer travel on the front makes the bike handle better and feel a lot better.
    the frame however is slightly strange as it is strikingly up right not really low slung with a high bb.some people have said that the shock is to long but i checked the eye to eye point on a website and then measured mine and they are identical in length.
  • ramemtbers
    going out to cam woods again today gonna try a 20ft gap to day. :P biggest jump i have ever done was 27ft and the fork broke. see video above