Back to the HT - My Heavily Upgraded Carrera ...

stevet1992
stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
edited August 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Ok here we go ...

dsc01267_8406.jpg

http://sketchymtb.co.uk/sketchymtb/uplo ... 7_8406.jpg

Excuse the dog ... He became very intrested in the stick i was using to prop the bike up on :lol:

Frame: Carrera Vulcan 08 Disc
Forks: Manitou Black
Bars: Standard
Stem: Standard
Headset: Standard
Grips: DMR Loc'd On

Front Brake Lever assy: Tektro Auriga Comp
Front Caliper: Tektro Auriga Comp
Front disc: Tektro 180mm
Rear Brake Lever assy: Tektro Auriga Comp
Rear Caliper: Tektro Auriga Comp
Rear Disc: Tektro 160mm
Hoses: Tektro

Shifters: SRAM X5
Front Mech: SRAM X5
Rear Mech: SRAM X7

Seat: Tioga Multi Control
Seat Post: Spare one i had lying around ... Giant one IIRC
Seat Post Clamp: See above :lol:

Cranks: Truvativ X-Flow
Chainring(s): Standard
Chain: SRAM
Cassette: SRAM
Pedals: Shimano M520
Bottom Bracket: Truvatic X-Flow

Front Wheel:
Rim: WTB Speed Discs AM
Spokes: Black
Hub: Hope Pro 2
Tube: Conti
Tire: Panaracer Cinder 2.25

Back Wheel:
Rim: WTB Speed Discs AM
Spokes: Black
Hub: Hope Pro 2
Tube: Conti
Tire: Panaracer Cinder 2.25

Certainly alot lighter then the old tank :roll: The looks i get when i roll past on a carrera frame with Pro 2's on still amazes me :lol:

Tis great for the money i payed and for what i do ... Climbs well and still asks for more in the downs ! Yes the seatpost is un usually high :shock:

Im going by the idea that this will be a winter bike ... Soon to start project Orange Crush when i find a second hand frame !
On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    nice bike. not the best of components but you can still have fun on it :wink:
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    nice one, i'm doing similar things to my carrera, got rockshox tora 302's with u-turn and lockout, getting juicy 3's all round (currently just rear), fitting my raceface turbine crankset once i have some new chainrings, sram X.7 gears and i want to upgrade the wheels to some rim on hope pro II's, i'll probably get a new seat and upgrade the seatpost, bars and stem to something lighter. They're good project bases :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    ilovedirt wrote:
    nice one, i'm doing similar things to my carrera, got rockshox tora 302's with u-turn and lockout, getting juicy 3's all round (currently just rear), fitting my raceface turbine crankset once i have some new chainrings, sram X.7 gears and i want to upgrade the wheels to some rim on hope pro II's, i'll probably get a new seat and upgrade the seatpost, bars and stem to something lighter. They're good project bases :)

Sounds good ... I managed to pick my wheels up for a bargain price of £160 of ebay ! definetky worth looking around
    supersonic wrote:
    Superb forks!

They are indeed ! Cant find a single fault with them and they just keep working ... They've taken XC up to some of the small jumps around here.. Love them thanks alot !
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    stevet1992 wrote:
    Sounds good ... I managed to pick my wheels up for a bargain price of £160 of ebay ! definetky worth looking around
    Yeah, the good thing about hope hubs is they last forever. Got an old bulb on my front wheel on my patriot, so old it has the 5 bolt disc fitting, but i recently replaced the bearings and it spins like it's brand new!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5