Following on From the Stickies Debate

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited August 2009 in Commuting chat
In order to help continue the tidying up of these message boards we should get rid of pointless sections.

To that end I propose we get rid of all the mountain biking sections as they are about a pointless activity

:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :wink:

[Lights blue touchpaper and steps back briskly]
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Wouldn't this thread have been better on the MTB forum?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    We're way ahead of you. In order to antagonise everyone equally, we'll be implementing the following changes:

The BikeRadar Office section will be replaced by a banner reading "We're right, you're wrong. Go away."

All posts in the Mountain Biking sections will have this image attached:

cyclists.jpg

Any posts in the Road sections will be automatically replied to with "Do a backflip".

The Commuting forums will be locked down to the point that it is only possible to post in RLJ and helmet debates.

The selling and stolen sections will be redirected to Ebay's bike section.

Family and kids shall be left alone. The idea behind this is for this to become the most popular section, which is intended to encourage activities as a family. It's Future Publishing's attempt to fix 'Broken Britain'.

*Note: Parts or all of this post may be lies
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I guess mountain biking is pretty pointless if you live in london!

I ride over a mountain (ok not really a mountain...but it is a volcano) every day....twice! so for me.....not pointless at all! :)
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I reckon the Bike Radar forums should be handed over to me.

My first action would be to ban all Lawyers, people who ride hybrids and the women on the site who don't fancy me (so every girl on this site - I'm not letting you guys have that one!).

My second action would be to turn the site into a cycling dating agency as well as a XXX site telling the story of three guys on bikes with one camera who get girls on bikes to sleep with them.... hang on that's bang bus...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    You're right, DDD, there's not enough pron on the internet.
  • DonDaddyD
    biondino wrote:

Certainly not enough involving bikes in the context of the story... in fact I may have found a niche...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Certainly not enough involving bikes in the context of the story... in fact I may have found a niche...

I hope you're going to budget for plenty of ladies assos shorts?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Actually, I have seen the error of my ways..

It is now clear to me that we should not single out mountain bikiing as being pointless. Clearly what is pointless ( apart from a blunt pencil) is all cycling. It takes up valuable road space that could be used for motor cars
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I got the impression they already were......
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • DonDaddyD
    prawny wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    biondino wrote:

I hope you're going to budget for plenty of ladies assos shorts?

Indeed they do sort if crunch you into the position, and then there's 'cheese wire' ones that run through the womens cleverage leaving the boobs to shock and amaze when the top comes off.

I'm writing a script as we speak.

"I need air in my tube" - complete with Tour de France as the theme tune....
    Food Chain number = 4

• Rockbuddy
    Rockbuddy Posts: 243
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I got the impression they already were......

+1 At least the commuting forum every other thread is a DDD special :lol:
  • d21dga
    d21dga Posts: 113
    DonDaddyD wrote:

My first action would be to ban all Lawyers, people who ride hybrids and the women on the site who don't fancy me (so every girl on this site - I'm not letting you guys have that one!).

My second action would be to turn the site into a cycling dating agency as well as a XXX site telling the story of three guys on bikes with one camera who get girls on bikes to sleep with them.... hang on that's bang bus...

Hang on a minute... you want to ban all the girls and then turn it into a dating site? Anyone else see the problem there? Unless DDD is... :shock:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    DonDaddyD wrote:

DDD, you need help........
    And how are things with the girlfriend? :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • DonDaddyD
    Hang on a minute... you want to ban all the girls and then turn it into a dating site? Anyone else see the problem there? Unless DDD is...

Awesome? Yes, in someways I am :wink:
    StuAff wrote:

Ask them yourself... Linsen, LiT, TotalNewbie, Pink Pedal and Jen how are things going between us?
    Food Chain number = 4

• stuaff
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Hang on a minute... you want to ban all the girls and then turn it into a dating site? Anyone else see the problem there? Unless DDD is...

StuAff wrote:

Ask them yourself... Linsen, LiT, TotalNewbie, Pink Pedal and Jen how are things going between us?

Oh dear oh dear..............I'm sure they'll tell you...........
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    DonDaddyD wrote:

StuAff wrote:

Just to return the compliment... :)
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I've seen footage of Eddie Merckx with oily dirt all over his face. Will that do?
    picard-headesk.jpg
  • DonDaddyD

Just to return the compliment... :)
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I've seen footage of Eddie Merckx with oily dirt all over his face. Will that do?
    picard-headesk.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• StuAff wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

StuAff wrote:

Oh dear oh dear..............I'm sure they'll tell you...........
    Well, things are going so well that he's driven two of the ladies to the point of running off to a foreign country to share a tent together without him :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    duncedunce wrote:
    Well, things are going so well that he's driven two of the ladies to the point of running off to a foreign country to share a tent together without him :roll:

They'll be more open minded and Worldly from the experience :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    DonDaddyD wrote:

StuAff wrote:

Hey baby, how you doin'...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • DonDaddyD
    Jen J wrote:

Hey baby, how you doin'...

1quagmire2.jpg

Alright!!!
    Food Chain number = 4

• stuaff
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    duncedunce wrote:

They'll be more open minded and Worldly from the experience :wink:

Yes, they'll probably go even further away from you next time ;)