glasgow to edinburgh/ pedal for scotland

lmk1
lmk1 Posts: 95
edited September 2009 in Road beginners
anyone registered???? i see a thread on here about next big challenge with some great options many for 2010. to keep me interested given weather turning and dark nights approaching i'm planning on glasgow to edinburgh run on 13th September. was considering extending the run by cycling into glasgow from lanark. These events tend to all be charity fundraisers which is a pain given i have already been begging from friends and colleagues for the edinburgh to st andrews run. does anyone know if the organisers are ok with a basic donation from riders?

Comments

• RedAende
    RedAende Posts: 158
    It's not compulsory to raise funds or nominate a charity. Your entry fee covers their costs. I have riden past 2 years, not for charity. I do various other charity events and cant keep asking the same people all the time>

Red Aende, Red Spesh Hardrock, Wine Mercian, Rusty Flying Scot
  • RedAende
    RedAende Posts: 158
    It's not compulsory to raise funds or nominate a charity. Your entry fee covers their costs. I have riden past 2 years, not for charity. I do various other charity events and cant keep asking the same people all the time>

Red Aende, Red Spesh Hardrock, Wine Mercian, Rusty Flying Scot
  • Registered as well. 2nd year doing it.Is a good day.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Yep, I'm registered. I'll either get the bus back and just chill, or cycle back.

Not really wanting to be all sweaty on the bus though. :?
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    White Line wrote:
    ... Not really wanting to be all sweaty on the bus though. :?
    Everyone else will be, so why worry? :D

I'll not be doing it this year. I've done it a couple of times now and the novelty's worn off.

Last year there were 6000 entrants and I thought that it was getting a bit too crowded for the narrow cyclepaths and found it frustrating waiting to get through some of the gates at the end of some of the paths. I'll miss the Aberdeen Angus burgers in Edinbugh though, deeelicious!

I got some bumph through the door from them this morning saying that they expect 7000 riders this year
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill