My first decent MTB_'Hopper comp 2009

Doctor Gonzo
Doctor Gonzo Posts: 25
edited August 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Here is my new bike, im over the moon with it. Its the first decent bike ive own and i love it. :D

I just cant help my self from sneaking off to the garage to have a look at it :oops:

After a few really long rides im well and truly hooked on this MTB lark.

DSCF1531.jpg

DSCF1532.jpg

DSCF1533.jpg

DSCF1534.jpg

DSCF1535.jpg

DSCF1537-1.jpg

Frame: Specialized M4 manipulated alloy frame
Forks: RockShox Tora SLite
Stem: Specialized 3D forged
Headset: Specialized 1-1/8 inch threadless, Loose ball
Grips: Specialized Enduro

Front Brake Lever assy: Juicy 3 SL
Front disc: Avid Juicy 3 SL 160mm
Rear Brake Lever assy: vid Juicy 3 SL
Rear Disc: Avid Juicy 3 SL 160mm

Shifters: Shimano Deore SL
Front Mech: Shimano Deore
Rear Mech: Shimano Deore SLX Shadow
Chain Device: Shimano FCM442

Seat: Specialized XC
Seat Post: Specialized alloy two bolt

Cranks: Shimano BB-ES25
Chain: KMC X9
Cassette: Shimano HG-50

Rim: Specialized Stout 26 inc
Spokes: 1.8mm (15g) stainless
Hub: Specialized Hi Lo
Tube: Specialized Schrader valve
Tire: Specialized Fast Trak LK Sport

Rim: Specialized Stout 26 inc
Spokes: 1.8mm (15g) stainless
Hub: Specialized Hi Lo
Tube: Specialized Schrader valve
Tire: Specialized Fast Trak LK Sport

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Stealthy :D

Nice bike, black works well with a Rockhopper
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Although i have a Rockrider 8.2, Ichave found that the Rockhopper is probably one of the best all round bikes ever made in all its reincarnations.
    I have owned 2 in the past of which my wife has my old 2004 pro (in adonised black), but its still a great bit of kit.
    Yours looks real nice. Nearly bought the pro this year but my 7 year old girl saif that it would make me look gay.
    Real nice in black fella.
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Nice wheels dude - but lose the saddle bag! it'll rattle more than an Alchoholic on a Sunday morning! :shock:

Other than that, nice machine! :D
    It's been a while...
  • GTi-R23
    GTi-R23 Posts: 175
    Nice rig bro, love it.

Wish the Pro came in black as well, I do think they chose the best colour for the Expert.
  • Thanks for the comments guys :D

I managed to buckle a wheel the other day, hit a tree stump at speed, i went over the handle bars and grazed my side on the handle bar ends. :lol:

I've had the wheel straightened, so all is well. All though I’m strangely proud of the fact I’ve all ready had my first “off”. :wink:

[quote="Graydawg but lose the saddle bag! it'll rattle more than an Alchoholic on a Sunday morning! :shock:

Other than that, nice machine! :D[/quote]

I know it looks $hit on the back, but it saves me carrying a bag on XC rides.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651

Nice bike fella....

You do need a camelback/daysack or whatever on XC rides, a water bottle is not enough for a ride and you need things like spare tube etc in your backpack, as well as tools that wont fit into a saddle pack (ie decent pump etc) :wink:

EDIT: also, room for a foldaway waterproof outer layer etc.....

Better get used to riding with one amigo :wink::wink:
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Cheesey wrote:

Nice bike fella....

You do need a camelback/daysack or whatever on XC rides, a water bottle is not enough for a ride and you need things like spare tube etc in your backpack, as well as tools that wont fit into a saddle pack (ie decent pump etc) :wink:

EDIT: also, room for a foldaway waterproof outer layer etc.....

Better get used to riding with one amigo :wink::wink:

Yeah nice bike matey, glad ur enjoying it (and have the wounds to prove it!)

+1 for the above comments about what you need to take with ya.
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • yeah looks nice. i've got the other black 09 rockhopper, but its got some gold bits on the tubes as well, think i like this one better!
  • supertwisted
    supertwisted Posts: 565
    That's lovely. Think I'll be going with that colour once mine is due a re-spray.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • lordmerchant
    lordmerchant Posts: 378
    looks absolutely great, bought a merlin malt 4 beginning of 2008 - was REALLY torn between a rockhopper and that. I am happy with my decision - but that is a sexy bike
  • Hey,
    I also got a Rockhopper Expert 09 , Picked it up yesterday from Evans . I have only been riding a year and my first was a Hardrock Pro disc 09 which I still have after all I work hard all year so owning two decent bikes is surely worth it. I did'nt realize just how much lighter the expert is and you can really feel the difference in terms of handling from the frame, gears etc. Yeah I also have a saddle bag but will be looking at a Camel as I do tend be riding a lot further these days and now I have better& lighter steed and a trusty Garmin Edge 205 I won't be doing any less miles thats for sure. I hear these Rockhoppers are ripe for upgrading so will look at this at this in more detail as and when required/ desired.
  • ACDCwmb
    ACDCwmb Posts: 225
    Nice ride fella...
    I hear these Rockhoppers are ripe for upgrading....

I'll second that, great frame to upgrade :wink:

3644144732_aa70252d53.jpg
    [url]uttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3644058624_66a72402ee.jpg/]Hardtail[/url]
  • merlie
    merlie Posts: 276
    rockhoppers united !!!

When I was choosing the colour of my rockhopper comp I went for the silver cos i thought that when I chip the frame of its paint its gonna show alot more than the silver ??? Plenty of chips on my frame ... not too noticeable - how bout the black ?
  • ACDCwmb
    ACDCwmb Posts: 225
    Plenty of chips and scratches, getting quite worn now, still cleans up ok and they don't show up too much on the black tbh.
    [url]uttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3644058624_66a72402ee.jpg/]Hardtail[/url]