Lance's Saddle

paulcuthbert
paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
edited August 2009 in Pro race
I've noticed the saddle that Lance uses isn't like other pros use- does anyone know why this is, or even what type of saddle it is? It looks a lot wider than many other pros use

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    tdf09st14mw-lasaddle2.jpg

Selle San Marco Concor Lite
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Cool thanks- it looks well worn. He must have been using this for years!

Thanks for the information
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Asymmetric cutout perhaps?
  • Clum84
    Clum84 Posts: 196
    bompington wrote:

Hahaha
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    bompington wrote:

You are sooo pathetic its embarrasing mate! You really are jealous of this guy, every remark is a negative one against Lance Armstrong, go spend your time doing something more constructive than posting silly immature statements about his socks/ his testicular cancer.
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    It's a San Marco Concor Light
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    Sorry Redddragon, missed your response
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I saw a funny clip a couple of years ago where he was moaning about the fact that he used to be able to pick those saddle up in bargain bins but since people started talking about him using them they had shot back up in price.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Vino2007 wrote:
    bompington wrote:

You are sooo pathetic its embarrasing mate! You really are jealous of this guy, every remark is a negative one against Lance Armstrong, go spend your time doing something more constructive than posting silly immature statements about his socks/ his testicular cancer.
    I could just let this go, getting heated personal abuse in response to a light-hearted comment is an occupational hazard of chat forums, but for the record:
      - I'm not sure I've ever posted a negative comment about LA; I am, on the whole, a fan, and I find the obsessive anti-Lance fans weird and boring. - Maybe I am jealous; I certainly wish I had his speed, his track record, his guts (yes, his balls if you like) - As for silly immature statements, well, I'm just following the longstanding British tradition of making light of serious matters - something that we often do not, as people suppose, because we can't handle serious things, but because it is a gentle way of deflating those whose pompous seriousness generates more heat than light.
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    Well said Bompinton
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • As most cyclists say - find a comfy perch and stick to it!!
  • mandie
    mandie Posts: 218
    So why isn't he using a Brooks B17?
    We\'ll kick against the darkness \'till it bleeds daylight
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    bompington wrote:
    Vino2007 wrote:
    bompington wrote:

I could just let this go, getting heated personal abuse in response to a light-hearted comment is an occupational hazard of chat forums, but for the record:
      - I'm not sure I've ever posted a negative comment about LA; I am, on the whole, a fan, and I find the obsessive anti-Lance fans weird and boring. - Maybe I am jealous; I certainly wish I had his speed, his track record, his guts (yes, his balls if you like) - As for silly immature statements, well, I'm just following the longstanding British tradition of making light of serious matters - something that we often do not, as people suppose, because we can't handle serious things, but because it is a gentle way of deflating those whose pompous seriousness generates more heat than light.

...well said sir